So, I recently got a 20 watt tube head and want to run it with my 60 watt peavey for some extra oomph. The peavey has an fx loop, but the 20 watter does not. So, I'm trying to figure out how to run one into the other. From what I gather I either get an aby and rub both simultaneously, but not into each other, or I can get a load box for the 20w and run a line out from that to the peavey fx return. Is there another way to go about this? I'm trying to avoid having to buy anything or mod an fx loop into the 20watter.

Edit: I've slaved the peavey before I've just never done it with an amp that doesn't also have an fx loop.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Some peaveys have a low gain input that is good for jacking a line signal into. Not slaving but if the 20watt amp has a headphones out, thats one way. Im still not sure if you can plug a headphones line out into a fx return or a power amp in.
If I got a load box could I run the line output from that to the fx loop in? Or would the combined power amps make it sound too gnarly?

Worst case I bite the bullet and run an aby, but I'd like to run the 20watt into the peavey if at all possible.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
wouldn't it just be easier to mic it?

or get a two notes torpedo of some form. but its probably price prohibitive.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Headphones output into guitar input. Turn the 20w amps volume to zero and the peavey to one and then turn the 20w amp up enough without being distorted. Same as playing mp3s through a peavey. Whats the 20 watt amp? Is it a tiny orange?
The 20watt is a hovercraft dwarvenaut 20. It has an input, and speaker outs, nothing else. The peavey is 60watts, has inputs (hi/low), fx loop, and speaker outs.

Yes I could just mic it, that'll probably be easiest, I just worry about hearing myself. I was also hoping to get the dwarvenaut's preamp through both it's el84s and the peavey's 6l6s.

I think i might get a used thd hotplate and run the line out from that to the peavey poweramp. See how that sounds and worst case I could use an attenuator for home recording anyway. Any other attwntuator with a line out I should consider?
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers