Hi,
So I have space for one Boss sized pedal on my pedalboard, just don't know which to get.
I already have tuner, Wah,Whammy,3 OD/Dis, phaser ,2 reverbs and DL4 delay.
I get my chorus effect from the whammy also don't like flangers.
I play classic rock,blues,country and some metal.
I was thinking maybe a tremolo? Any other thoughts?
Thanks!
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
If it were me, I'd find another flavour of overdrive or fuzz (if your classic rock includes Hendrix, something in the Octavia vein could be fun) and stick that in there.

A tremolo would definitely be a good pick, too. I've always found it a slightly awkward effect because you can sometimes get your pick attack lost during a dip in volume when you don't mean to, but used a bit more subtly it can give you some very pleasant extra depth without the effect being very obviously present, which is great for blues where even a Leslie cabinet can be pushing it, effects-wise.
just because you have an empty space doesn't mean you have to fill it . if you don't have a specific need for a sound from a pedal then you don't really need it.

I play similar stuff (no country) and do just fine with 4 pedals.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by monwobobbo
just because you have an empty space doesn't mean you have to fill it

Please explain
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Please explain

buying a pedal just to buy a pedal has great potential to be a waste of money. different story if the op had any idea of what he might need but really didn't seem to have much of an idea. now I know that this advice goes against the grain but it should at least get him to think about a little more. I've bought tons of pedals over the last 38 years of playing and believe me a good number of them were just impulse buys that I really didn't need.
Maybe a clean boost?

Or really, the huge 8 button footswitch for a Mesa Roadster is exactly what you need!
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
every board needs a Timmy.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i figured i would just throw a few out there:

zvex mastertron
voodoo lab tremolo (the four knob one)
malekko 616 lo-fi
malekko unity fuzz
timmy

those are all pedals i got that i currently own (i have 25+ at the moment) that i bought on an impulse for fun and enjoyed them. and i use them quite regularly.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by monwobobbo
buying a pedal just to buy a pedal has great potential to be a waste of money. different story if the op had any idea of what he might need but really didn't seem to have much of an idea. now I know that this advice goes against the grain but it should at least get him to think about a little more. I've bought tons of pedals over the last 38 years of playing and believe me a good number of them were just impulse buys that I really didn't need.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

As a pedalholic, I actually agree with you about the potential to waste money. OTOH, sometimes, even when I have a plan, I waste money.

I'm on a bit of a cheap fuzz kick lately, and I'm not really a pedal guy. Pedals mostly sit in the closet. One of the fuzz pedals I've grown a bit fond of is a cheap Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz, really nasty sounding (bad in a neat way)... but, that's what I like about it. Moen Fuzz Moo is a neat sounding pedal on the cheap as well that I've been playing around with, but a bit bigger in size than you can accommodate though.

I think a fuzz is a good pedal to have just because it can force you to play a bit different and get you outside of the box.

If you're more of a boutique/high end pedal guy, I've heard good things about the Iron Bell and the Sludgehammer fuzz pedals.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by monwobobbo

Yeah, all joking aside that's a perfectly valid point.

Unless you're in a shoegaze band
I think your right monwobobbo.
I was getting a Micro amp anyway but with the spare cash, I might upgrade and get the Micro amp plus.
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
How bout a Line 6 M5? That'd give you a sorta utility pedal for seldom used fx.

Also, if you wanted tremolo, there's one on the M series called "opto trem" that I love, it sounds intense, best tremolo effect I've ever owned (not that I've ever broken the bank for a tremolo pedal).
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at May 24, 2016,
Quote by Guitar137335
I think your right monwobobbo.
I was getting a Micro amp anyway but with the spare cash, I might upgrade and get the Micro amp plus.

well I had to be right sooner or later . I'm all for recommending pedals and lord knows I've gone though a bunch but sometimes the answer is I really don't need to spend money just cuz I can.

give your current setup a good going over and really think about how it can be truly better. if what you have does the job then you are good to go. if not why and can another pedal (or replacing an exiting one) honestly make that big of a difference. I haven't bought a new pedal in over 2 years by doing this. sure I've been tempted but in the end couldn't honestly justify it. I definitely have found that doing my homework and really giving things a good thinking over (no impulse buys) has kept me on the right track. there is always something "better" especially with pedals but having that mindset will make you nuts if you let it get away from you.
+1 for adding a fuzzbox, though you may find yourself plunging down a whole new gear-related rabbit hole if you've never tried fuzz before. A decent option for the musical genres and space dimensions referenced would be a Fuzzhugger Algal Bloom V2 mini.
I haven't bought a new pedal in over 2 years by doing this. sure I've been tempted but in the end couldn't honestly justify it.

Have you checked your temperature? Are you feeling lightheaded? You should see a healthcare professional- they might need to put you in quarantine.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 24, 2016,
Fuzzhugger Algal Bloom V2 mini

That's a nifty pedal, to be sure.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Have you checked your temperature? Are you feeling lightheaded? You should see a healthcare professional- they might need to put you in quarantine.

I'm fine (well ok that might be a stretch but ya know). I have a very small pedal board and am pretty much set on most of it. I'm a die hard Morley Wah user so no need there. I have 3 overdrives that all do what is needed. always tempted there but if I really think about it I haven't come across anything that is really better than what I've got. I'm happy with my Delay ( Lovepedal Gen 5) so again while some have been tempting the only ones that I would really consider are way to expensive. have 2 phasers and am fine with them. that's my board. I have other pedals but most only get used for very specific things occasionally and so don't really get changed out often if at all. (had the same chorus pedal since 1985)

after many years of buying constantly I finally said enough and started to really review my needs without the GAS. of course it was much easier now that I have a very clear picture of what i'll be playing in the next few years. don't worry the bug will bite me sooner or later
If I had that attitude, I wouldn't own a ring modulator. Jury's still out on whether that's good or bad...
Every Martian needs a ring modulator.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
If I had that attitude, I wouldn't own a ring modulator. Jury's still out on whether that's good or bad...

don't get me wrong I still try all kinds of things when I can. just won't buy anything cuz I somehow feel I "must " have something as opposed to having a legitimate need for it. I love pedals which is why I needed to learn to get a grip.
Quote by monwobobbo
don't get me wrong I still try all kinds of things when I can. just won't buy anything cuz I somehow feel I "must " have something as opposed to having a legitimate need for it. I love pedals which is why I needed to learn to get a grip.

Yeah, you're absolutely right in principle. Personally I think less about legitimate need and more about whether I'd use it, which sets the limit a bit higher but nonetheless, in combination with the less compromising limitation of my bank balance, does limit my pedal acquisitions.
i end up buying something EVERY time see the reverb (dot com) deals and steals. 11 pedals, one guitar, and one amp so far this year from reverb. and two amps from CL.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Personally I wouldn't go so far as to abstain from buying any pedals after 2 years, I think after that time I'd get bored of what I have. But you're very much right in saying that no matter how many b00t33k pedals you buy and how much money you spend, there will always be someone with a better pedalboard than yours so don't worry about that too much. And the more you spend, the deeper you walk into a homeopathic minefield. You're wise to not let it do your head in and spend frivolously.

With that said, it doesn't mean we can't occasionally have nice things. Though I think I need to hold my horses a bit; I've already bought 7 pedals this year.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 25, 2016,
homeopathic minefield

Album title!

Though I think I need to hold my horses a bit; I've already bought 7 pedals this year.

I'm at four myself...but I've probably forgotten a couple. and I have 2 more that are almost definite buys as well, depending. One is a used Catalinbread Belle Epoch, the other is a Digitach Dirty Robot.

That's right. DIGITECH.