So I just bought this guitar for $380 but I'm thinking it could be worth more. Quite a bit more. I was told it was a one off year for this model. Serial number 0307594. Can't post pics for some reason. Anyone know anything about them?
Last edited by camaro024 at May 24, 2016,
A quick Google search yielded one on reverb that listed at $500 + $35 shipping with a hard case. He may have taken offers, I usually say about 10% under asking is reasonable, which puts it at $485 shipped. If the hard case was around $100, that puts your value pretty well dead-on. Without pictures it's hard to know especially the "one off" thing. That said, it may be hard to find a Schecter collector looking to pay a lot for something like that, though again, hard to know without pictures.
OffsetOffset
Does it say "Diamond Series" anywhere on the headstock or other labels? If so, it's made in either Indonesia or Korea, is not actually "Custom", is definitely not a "one-off", and is not likely worth much more than you paid for it. Great guitars, for what they are, don't get me wrong. I own three Diamond Series Schecters and I fully believe they are the best guitars on the market for less than $1000. But yeah, it's still a 13 year old guitar mass produced in an Asian factory.

BUT! If it does NOT have the "Diamond Series" label anywhere, or if it says it was made in California, then it would be a USA Custom Schecter. If that's the case, it's definitely worth more than that. A hell of a lot more. Like 4-5 times more.

Here's a PDF of Schecter's 2003 Diamond Series Catalog. Down on page 8 (catalog page number, I guess it's page 5 of the PDF), you'll see the PT Custom. That's probably what you've got. http://www.schecterguitars.com/media/k2/attachments/2003_Catalog.pdf
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6
Last edited by the_bi99man at May 24, 2016,
Quote by the_bi99man
Does it say "Diamond Series" anywhere on the headstock or other labels? If so, it's made in either Indonesia or Korea, is not actually "Custom", is definitely not a "one-off", and is not likely worth much more than you paid for it. Great guitars, for what they are, don't get me wrong. I own three Diamond Series Schecters and I fully believe they are the best guitars on the market for less than $1000. But yeah, it's still a 13 year old guitar mass produced in an Asian factory.

BUT! If it does NOT have the "Diamond Series" label anywhere, or if it says it was made in California, then it would be a USA Custom Schecter. If that's the case, it's definitely worth more than that. A hell of a lot more. Like 4-5 times more.

Here's a PDF of Schecter's 2003 Diamond Series Catalog. Down on page 8 (catalog page number, I guess it's page 5 of the PDF), you'll see the PT Custom. That's probably what you've got. http://www.schecterguitars.com/media/k2/attachments/2003_Catalog.pdf

There has been many 1 off Prototype Diamond Series Schecter's. I'm not saying TS has one of them but they do exist (and they do say Diamond Series on them). I have seen many of them at Drum City. The one TS has (if not like the regular production run) could be one of Schecter's many limited exclusive runs they do for different retailers.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at May 25, 2016,