I'm about to buy a Mexican Standard Telecaster. I like the guitar but I'm no particularly sold on the stock pickups, so I'm willing to throw a few bucks to improve them.

Which are the best Telecaster pickups to play mostly rock/hard rock/blues and still retaining the most possible iconic Telecaster sound?

If that's a stupid question, forgive me, I never had a Tele before and I'm no expert. Thanks a lot
Ekam Sat
2014 Fender Stratocaster FSR American Standard Channel Bound Sonic Blue | 2015 Breedlove Discovery Concert CE Sunburst | 2016 PRS SE Custom 24 | Blackstar HT-5R
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Contact the guys at Rio Grande Pickups. They know their way around hot pickups and Texas heat.

On a tighter budget? Lace, Tesla, or even STEWMAC.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
You have some nice guitars. Might I suggest a new amp to realize their full potential?

I'd look into a nicer Tube amp. . . Mesa F-Series or .22 Cal, Peavey Classic 30 or ValveKing, nicer Fender (not up on fender amps) - something of that flavor.

For your question though I'd look at the vintage or USA model Fender Tele pickups and base your search from there.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Thanks for the replies, I'll look into that stuff.

Quote by metalmingee
You have some nice guitars. Might I suggest a new amp to realize their full potential?

I'd look into a nicer Tube amp. . . Mesa F-Series or .22 Cal, Peavey Classic 30 or ValveKing, nicer Fender (not up on fender amps) - something of that flavor.

Your advice makes a lot of sense. I love the Mustang III but I don't think it's perfectly suited for dig out the true potential of such kind of guitars, and I often find myself wanting something more straightforward and nicer sounding. I don't know the amps you're talking about, but I heard good things. I also heard wonderful things about the new Fender Bassbreaker.

Anyway, I actually started playing again 10 days ago after 2+ years of hiatus, so right now I have to see if and how I'll go back playing like I'd want before upgrading my amp
Ekam Sat
2014 Fender Stratocaster FSR American Standard Channel Bound Sonic Blue | 2015 Breedlove Discovery Concert CE Sunburst | 2016 PRS SE Custom 24 | Blackstar HT-5R
Quote by davidrf
Thanks for the replies, I'll look into that stuff.

Your advice makes a lot of sense. I love the Mustang III but I don't think it's perfectly suited for dig out the true potential of such kind of guitars, and I often find myself wanting something more straightforward and nicer sounding. I don't know the amps you're talking about, but I heard good things. I also heard wonderful things about the new Fender Bassbreaker.

Anyway, I actually started playing again 10 days ago after 2+ years of hiatus, so right now I have to see if and how I'll go back playing like I'd want before upgrading my amp

well then play before you spend more money on anything. modeling amps while great for many things often can't see differences with pickups. I use a Line 6 POD for recording and it can't really tell my strats apart despite having fairly different pickups. with my tube amps you can tell immediately. I think you'll be better off settling on a better amp and then tailoring your sound around that.