Looking for a combo amp to just play around on while sitting in my bedroom. My other amps are in my basement and there are times where I just feel like playing around but don't want to be far away from others.

Looking to buy used

Only pedals I will probably use will be an OD and a fuzz. The rest will be on my other board.

Mainly looking to play blues/dirty blues and clean, so I don't need a lot of amp distortion (my amp heads have me covered there).

Max budget is $400. Not in dire need just looking for fun.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Check reverb.com for a used Carvin Nomad (1x12) or BelAir (2x12): great cleans, 50w (as I recall, with switches to drop them to lower wattage). They're perfect for what you're talking about.

Both are available in that price range unless the seller got a premium color tolex.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Funny enough I was looking at the BelAir the other day on reverb. Seems to be a front runner, although I have never played one personally. I used to have a Classic 30, which was great.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
Line 6 M13
Quote by bobafettacheese
Looking for a combo amp to just play around on while sitting in my bedroom. My other amps are in my basement and there are times where I just feel like playing around but don't want to be far away from others.

Looking to buy used

Only pedals I will probably use will be an OD and a fuzz. The rest will be on my other board.

Mainly looking to play blues/dirty blues and clean, so I don't need a lot of amp distortion (my amp heads have me covered there).

Max budget is $400. Not in dire need just looking for fun.

If your other amps do what you need for jamming and the non-bedroom stuff why not just get an inexpensive modelling amp for the bedroom? You won't even need to drag your pedal around and most support headphones as well.
Moving on.....
Maybe its just me being picky, and I know at that level I probably won't get tube breakup, but there is just something about a tube amp that I have not been able to reproduce using a modeler. Probably going to describe it wrong, but there is just a "warmth" to it. I know there are good modelers out there but I am fairly confident that I want a tube amp.
Line 6 M13
I was going to suggest a Classic 30. Seems to hit what you want. ValveKing 112 would probably do it too.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
I was going to suggest a Classic 30. Seems to hit what you want. ValveKing 112 would probably do it too.

beat me to it. within budget and works well for what you want.
Quote by bobafettacheese
Maybe its just me being picky, and I know at that level I probably won't get tube breakup, but there is just something about a tube amp that I have not been able to reproduce using a modeler. Probably going to describe it wrong, but there is just a "warmth" to it. I know there are good modelers out there but I am fairly confident that I want a tube amp.

Fender Super Champ X2?
Fender Hot Rod Series - you can figure out wattage. Takes pedals great and can drive well too
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
+1 on the Peavey Classic 30
Also if bluesy tone is what you're after you might look at the Classic Delta Blues, might even more down your alley.
Last edited by tsc86 at May 24, 2016,
A Carvin Vintage 16 is the mini amp upon which the Nomad and Belair were based. At 16w, you might even get some breakup at bedroom volumes.

https://reverb.com/marketplace/amps?query=Carvin+vintage+16
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 24, 2016,
tiny terror? i don't know if they are in your budget though. fun and dynamic little amps.

cheap mesa combo? F-30, 5:25, .22cal, etc.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Just saw a F30 on GC for like 499. From what I can tell the F series has a great clean to it and decent distortion, even though I am not going for distortion.

As far as the 30 is concerned, it is definitely a front runner. I used to have a Classic 30 and loved that amp. I will probably look into the older Classics, as opposed to the newer ones though. Not a fan of the new look.
Line 6 M13
Another vote for a Classic 30. Nice and affordable, and sounds great quiet or loud as hell, and takes pedals well. I don't think I'll ever sell mine. I think the drive tones are way better than that of a Valveking, which would be my other recommendation. Both have amazing Fendery cleans.
Quote by dannyalcatraz

Way to come through, as usual, with unique offerings. Those Panama amps have piqued my curiosity for a while now.

Anybody have any experience with the Fender Bassbreaker amps? I know they are fairly new to the market.
Line 6 M13
Roc and a few others around here have tried the Bassbreakers and were pretty positive in their reviews. The cleans were not as crystal clean as classic Fender, but were still very good, while the dirty sound was Marshalesque.

Interesting. I might have to try a couple out. For some reason I am leaning towards the BelAir, Classic and possibly a Blues Deluxe or junior.

Are there any tonal differences between the classic 30 and 50?
Line 6 M13