Page 1 of 2
Please, for professionalisms sake, ditch the backpack! Comment if you disagree or agree.

It's far more importasnt to look professional than carry your things in an organised and health manner, distributing the weight evenly on your back!

Don't wear a backpack, otherwise me and other serious businesspeople will not be able to take you seriously.

Thanks.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Backpacks do look really dumb with suits tbf
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

What if the guy is a backpack salesman? How awkward would it be if he walks in with a briefcase?Personally I like to use a plastic bag to hold my stuff. In super boring meetings I can stick it over my head and pass out from lack of oxygen.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I love the notion that backpack companies make their product specifically for boys.
They don't like accepting money from anyone else, that's how businesses flourish.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

It's far more importasnt to look professional than carry your things in an organised and health manner, distributing the weight evenly on your back!

In lots of environments, yeah lol
Quote by tateandlyle
In lots of environments, yeah lol

Not really when we have people come in for meetings at work most of the time they have backpacks to keep their laptops and files in

When I got on the train going to London every day to work the majority of people had backpacks on going to the city

It's a really absurd position to take

I use my backpack almost daily.
I see it a lot.
But I guess someone would find it offensive if the only thing they know about business is a TV stereotype expensive suit/briefcase combo.
Nobody is like "I'm not going to sign this deal that makes me money because you don't have a briefcase!"
I can see instances where a backpack might not be appropriate, but fewer and fewer every day. I see a lot of executives with backpacks nowadays and I suspect it will become even more common over time.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
it does look a bit dorky but who even cares lol
Last edited by kalypto at May 25, 2016,
They don't look the most professional, but with today's mobile office requirements and all the niceties/accessories we utilize to do our jobs - it almost seems necessary.

My corporate dress doesn't require much beyond anything but tennis shoes and a collar on your shirt. If I were to wear a suit-coat to the office every day - I'd be in full agreement. I'd also be bringing far fewer items with me to and from the office and limiting my capabilities and comfort (peripherals) in doing so.

What's worse are the wheelie mini-cases. Nothing says "I'm a piece of shit that can't carry my own belongings" like putting your belongings in a piece of mini-luggage, attaching a telescoping aluminum rod, and wheeling it in on old rollerblade wheels.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
Briefcase is awkward and stupid to the point where it's simply fashion. I see lawyers bring backpacks into court.

First, A briefcase sucks to carry, it occupies one hand constantly. Secondly, you can't fit much more than a few pieces of paper in a briefcase.

A briefcase is vanity and a retro fashion statement.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Not really when we have people come in for meetings at work most of the time they have backpacks to keep their laptops and files in

When I got on the train going to London every day to work the majority of people had backpacks on going to the city

i don't think anything about an issue as small as backpacks can get absurd

if you wanna look like the dude in that picture go for it m8 idk why you've come here looking for reassurance
I would be wearing a stylish Hershel backpack anyway

Frankly I don't care but then again, I'm not a businessman. Seems awfully stressful being one.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Briefcase are made for paper sized stuff.
How many jobs are left that require
nonstop paper copies of documents.
They are still around but really the briefcase is impractical in today's world.
Lawyers still deal with paper a lot but even a lot of them go backpack
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I would be wearing a stylish Hershel backpack anyway

every other person wears one these days. they've nearly over taken that fjorklavvenwhateverthefuckitis in "trendy" popular backpack brand.

I had a herschel before it was cool and it turned into a dirty mess by the time I was done with it. got a nice all brown leather eastpak one that looks like it should last ages and can take a bit of roughing up.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Really the expensive suit/briefcase combo looks more like an 80s kingpin cocaine dealer or sleazy lawyer than a legit businessman.
Quote by dPrimmy

What's worse are the wheelie mini-cases. Nothing says "I'm a piece of shit that can't carry my own belongings" like putting your belongings in a piece of mini-luggage, attaching a telescoping aluminum rod, and wheeling it in on old rollerblade wheels.

Ummm...Ok.

I've got one of those, and actually quite like it.

I've also got a backpack.

And a nice leather laptop satchel that I got as a gift. (I would probably have never bought it for myself, but TBH it's pretty damn awesome!)

http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Shoulder-Briefcase-Messenger-Satchel/dp/B00PAMD76M/ref=lp_3012920011_1_19?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1464192598&sr=1-19

Each gets used as appropriate.

I also have a briefcase, but it sees little use anymore.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
i don't wear suits/not required to, would not show up to a professional meeting requiring a suit with a backpack, would wear a suit and take a backpack with me if i can leave the backpack in my office or something during the "professional" time.

i take a backpack everywhere else though because all the stuff i have in there is not going to fit in anywhere else other than a backpack.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

yeah only commuters not using backpacks are big shots who don't carry anything and would rather drive into town if they could find free parking and weren't cheapskates when it comes to congestion charges or parking fees.

satchels/messenger bags mess up your shirt and suck when you're trying to squeeze into a cramped tube/bus. and no one but very ancient weirdos uses briefcases.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by EyeNon15
Briefcase is awkward and stupid to the point where it's simply fashion. I see lawyers bring backpacks into court.

First, A briefcase sucks to carry, it occupies one hand constantly. Secondly, you can't fit much more than a few pieces of paper in a briefcase.

A briefcase is vanity and a retro fashion statement.

+1 it is 2016 and briefcases are outdated. Now businessmen/women really need one hand for their cellphone and the other to be free for whatever.

If it is a tasteful backpack and does not have Spiderman, Kylo Ren or TMNT on it then why not

Plus backpacks are much more accomodating for carrying guns/ammo etc. if one chooses to go postal at work.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at May 25, 2016,
i wear a backpack to uni

i wore one of those side bags or whatever they're called until the side tore open earlier this year. the second i put my backpack on i realised that backpacks are objectively superior.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by theguitarist
yeah only commuters not using backpacks are big shots who don't carry anything and would rather drive into town if they could find free parking and weren't cheapskates when it comes to congestion charges or parking fees.

satchels/messenger bags mess up your shirt and suck when you're trying to squeeze into a cramped tube/bus. and no one but very ancient weirdos uses briefcases.

even my dad hasn't used his briefcase since like the early 00s and he is a right weirdo

i did used to be a few people not with backpacks but they were probably the people who were talking on their phone all commute and spend at least £15 a day on coffees and lunches

obviously women don't have to wear backpacks at all with their huge variety of satchel accessories

Quote by theguitarist
every other person wears one these days. they've nearly over taken that fjorklavvenwhateverthefuckitis in "trendy" popular backpack brand.

I had a herschel before it was cool and it turned into a dirty mess by the time I was done with it. got a nice all brown leather eastpak one that looks like it should last ages and can take a bit of roughing up.

this is my backpack and i love it

i couldn't get vans ones any more sadly

vans backpacks were great quality though

think id go leather instead of suede next time though

I use a briefcase. My company tends to be on the higher end side when it comes to pricing so we have to look the part which includes wearing designer suits 5 days a week. We're giving clients better, high-end service so your image is important. Does using a backpack make you less professional, no but it might make you look that way and impressions are important in business.

I'll put it this way, if you're buying a luxury car, you probably don't want to see the salesman at the dealership in a t-shirt; it gives the impression they don't know what they're talking about.
Quote by badfish_lewis
I use a briefcase. My company tends to be on the higher end side when it comes to pricing so we have to look the part which includes wearing designer suits 5 days a week. We're giving clients better, high-end service so your image is important. Does using a backpack make you less professional, no but it might make you look that way and impressions are important in business.

I'll put it this way, if you're buying a luxury car, you probably don't want to see the salesman at the dealership in a t-shirt; it gives the impression they don't know what they're talking about.

no it doesnt

Quote by Trowzaa
Backpacks do look really dumb with suits tbf

Amen
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Anybody that thinks they look cool with a suit and briefcase is mistaken. You look like an old fossil trying to play the part of relevent businessman.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at May 25, 2016,
"Wait a minute Mr. Wadsworth. I printed out and made copies of the email, i have them in my briefcase I'll send it over with a bike messenger"
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no it doesnt

Yeah tbh what do people in suits know about cars?
honestly there's a certain type of suit that makes be inherently distrustful of a person

it's the type that letting agents, salespeople and car salesmen used and makes me feel icky

Page 1 of 2