https://www.theodysseyonline.com/dear-adventurer

Dear Adventurer,

You're about to embark on a magnificent journey. No matter how grand or small it may be, take advantage of all it may have to offer. Perhaps you're hiking a mountain in the Southwest, perhaps you're kayaking down a river in a different country, or maybe you just packed a bag an whisked away in your car. There is always time for an adventure. But don't go with a little help.

Dear Adventurer, try something new. I mean, hello! You made it this far. What's stopping you? Barter for that one of a kind item at a market, eat a cricket, or go cliff jumping of that scary boulder. As a wise Shia Labeouf once said... (you get the picture)

Dear Adventurer, don't take too many pictures. Capture the moments that you'll want to remember forever, and live the moments you don't want to let go of. Memories are richer when seen through your own eyes.

Dear Adventurer, some people say to pack light. I never do. (You never know what you'll encounter and then what you'll need.) However you pack, do your research one what you'll need, and always bring the four JICs (Just-in-Cases): swimsuit, sweater, extra pair of shoes, and extra undergarments. These four things tend to be the items you need in a pinch. I swear.

Dear Adventurer, plan some stuff out, but also set aside time for letting the wind take you where it may blow. It's always good to have a goal of your trip/solid outline, but the best memories happen in the "let's go down that road instead" ones.

Dear Adventurer, you may have to put your normal life on hold — whether that be work, relationships, commitments, etc. (Especially true if your adventure is a very long one). This is life. Yes, you'll miss people and things from back home, but going forth into a new experience is how you learn and grow as a human.

Dear Adventurer, budget. While it's so tempting to blow your cash on experiences, remember that your bank account is a pretty blunt and honest guy. Find things that don't require a lot of dough, or save up if you want that experience.

Dear Adventurer, there are going to be people you'll miss and people you can't wait to meet. Experiencing both things is OK.

Dear Adventurer, go somewhere or pick something you actually want to, not just because everyone thinks you "should". Have your own adventure. If everyone goes to DisneyWorld while you want to road trip to the Pacific Coast, go do it. If you want to go to DisneyWorld and take stereotypical photos in front of Cinderella's Castle, go do it. If you want to travel across the globe or 30 min from home, go do it.

Godspeed and beautiful new memories, Adventurer.

Would you consider yourself an adventurer?
ew, i hate cringey inspirational speeches that have a bunch of paragraphs that all start with the same embarrassing phrase.
Quote by Jackintehbox
ew, i hate cringey inspirational speeches that have a bunch of paragraphs that all start with the same embarrassing phrase.

Oh I forgot we were living in the era of irony
Quote by bradulator
Oh I forgot we were living in the era of irony

don't worry, you've got an ally in the battle against irony here. it's just a pet peeve is all. it gets under my skin.
Quote by Jackintehbox at #33983766

yeah

It's like the worst writing device there is.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Also this makes having adventures sound like the gayest thing ever, 2/10.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by genghisgandhi
a weekend trip to the Poconos is all the adventure this guy needs

Yea
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by slipknot5678
I spent the whole day in bed feeling awful so no

woah

nice
n.b. -- it is not the sincerity but the condescension that makes this piece insufferable.
"hey kid come 'ere & let me lay some wisdom on ya ya fuckin' sponge."

dear adventurer start a band & drive halfway across the country to play a show for 20 people because
what else is there?
Just got back from 10 days in Peru. Took too much gear, had great experiences anyways.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Is there a Skyrim version of this
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by Jackintehbox at #33983766

Yeah that article was lame af.
A very motivational speech you posted here. If only being an adventurer were that simple I'd be all over the world exploring places I've always wanted to by now during this moment .Seeing the world, very much want to do that.
-BUBBA-
i jump down staircases with my skateboard and do a lot of stupid, crazy shit like speed driving in my car and bombing hills, going on restricted dirt paths in the forest, etc

so yeah, im pretty adventurous.. maybe i just have death wish...
who knows
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

If being an adventurer means buying into that fucking "dear Adventurer" horse hockey, then no.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
No I do not, I just go to work and live a normal life.

Though I did remember on my drive home today that I was supposed to renew the tag for my car last month. oops. That sure is living on the wild side, but not adventurous
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by ElMaco
Is there a Skyrim version of this

Dear Adventurer,
I used to be like you, but then I took an...

Yeah, that joke is not even up to my standards, and that's saying something
Are those directed at my low standards? If so, thanks. I do my best to not accidentally raise them.

Just last week, I almost didn't giggle when someone said 'butt'. The horror...
No it was genuine appreciation of the joke.

i have terrible standards too
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

We are a content platform that discovers and shares a chorus of millennial voices on topics that matter most to you. Odyssey enables content to find its most relevant audience organically.

satire site?
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Cajundaddy
Just got back from 10 days in Peru. Took too much gear, had great experiences anyways.

Nice! Any place in particular?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by ultimate-slash at #33984115
Dear Adventurer,
I used to be like you, but then I took an...

Yeah, that joke is not even up to my standards, and that's saying something

WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Yep, I suppose I do consider myself an adventurer. Of both time and space
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Yep, I suppose I do consider myself an adventurer. Of both time and space

nice
the furthest i've gone in the past 2 years is probably 20 miles, if that