I'm looking into the Ibanez Fireman 250 as I had looked at Ibanez and hoping for pickups with a LP sound, not finding something that works...but still wanting a shred worthy guitar that could be made to sound like an LP, and not an RG shape as I've had so many. Kinda looking for something different than an RG. Light like an Ibanez S would be nice, but tone is king. The fireman looks to fit this. I'm not so particular about the tail piece, so fixed is ok. The only thing is, the neck on the fireman is supposedly thick (as thick as an LP? Not sure).

Any experiences with the fireman? Would it end up being about the same playability as an LP, or is the neck sleeker? I love the look and it is mahogany, so the sound should be closer to that of an LP.

Also, it is made in Indonesia. Perhaps the quality is not as nice as a Prestige Ibanez, or you know, if going the LP route, a studio.
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
The neck is not going to be your average Ibanez super thin Wizard neck with jumbo fat frets Paul Gilbert wanted a bigger set neck for more sustain and tall thin frets for easier vibrato. I have a set neck Ibanez Xiphos XPT700 and a Washburn PXS10FRQTB both are made in Indonesia and their quality is on par with any of my Korean and my 80's and 90's Japanese Jackson imports.

I think the Fireman looks badass it's different for sure, I played the model with single coils at GC a couple of times and it felt and sounded great.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

How was the upper fret access? That's my number one gripe with LP's, even though I love the sound. I play a lot of songs where I need to hit the 22nd fret easily on the first string, and it was kind of a pain on my Epiphone LP.

That said, I have an hss strat and am looking for a shred guitar..so maybe the fireman isn't ideal? I can play pretty well but I am not Paul Gilbert.
Ready and aimed at you
We salute you
My only experience with the Fireman has been with the 100-series, which had a very thick neck (the Paul Gilbert model was supposedly thinner). If you're simply looking for a differently-shaped Ibanez, you have it.

BTW, I'm not particularly thrilled with the quality of an LP Studio these days (though there are owners who love them). I think that in that price range and below there are quite a few guitars that surpass them in build quality, playability and options. All of that depends on where you live, I suppose, and what's actually available to you.
I've tried a few of these in the past, and while the pickups were great it felt a bit clunky and I wasn't a fan of the super glossy neck either.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
I have the 100. Upper fret access is good. The neck was something to get used to though. I usually play my ltd with the thin u shaped neck so it took some time. I'm not saying it's a 2x4 in your hands but it is beefy.

Are you looking at the 250 for the flames maple top? Or just that it has humbuckers?
You know, I think I'll consider other guitars and move on from the fireman. Thanks guys
Ready and aimed at you
We salute you
Off the wall, but maybe a Peavey Wolfgang? I own one USA model and sold an import one recently. Kind of LP-a-like. Stellar guitars.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Wow that looks awesome! I know nothing about peavy guitars...but the features look great. How is the neck?
Ready and aimed at you
We salute you
Quote by 21GunSalute
Wow that looks awesome! I know nothing about peavy guitars...but the features look great. How is the neck?

I love the neck on mine. Not too thick not too thin. The oil finish feels great.

Sustains extremely well. The stock pickups are really good too.

Get your hands on one if you can.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Ohh while looking Icame across the high performance LP studio series, with "soloist" slim necks and a cutaway heel. That would solve my complaints on LPs. I'm pretty darned tempted by these. Any experience with the HP series?
Ready and aimed at you
We salute you