This is a rant. And you're gonna listen.

How many of you often look up a song on YouTube and its sounds good but about 1 or 2 min in you realize it doesn't sound quite right? What are all these morons doing uploading these screwed up versions of these songs, right? Don't they know it doesn't sound right?

Of course they do. They're doing it on purpose you dipshits. If they screw with the key and make it sound a little off then it (helps) prevents their video from being taken down.

NOW YOU KNOW

Post Youtune examples of this and discuss the weather.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
They do it to get past copyright infringement screens.

EDIT: Oh, that's where you were going. Kind of a pointless rant.
yeah i hate when people pitch shift entire albums so they won't be taken down by the youtube police...

really awful
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

There's a flip side as well. Sometimes people post videos on youtube that are limited in audio quality because of technical limitations of the era, and people often savage those videos because they aren't HQ. I found a rare performance that was obviously originally recorded in videotape in the 70's. It was a great performance, but the audio is mediocre, at best. There were people bitching about the sound quality! I couldn't believe it.
You ever speed up or slow down songs with youtube?

Now that shit really doesn't sound quite right.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at May 26, 2016,
Quote by whywefight
also a lot of songs on youtube's quality could make a grown man cry by themselves

but hey

at least it's not soundcloud

Who uses soundcloud? Pathetic...
Quote by ultimate-slash at #33984808
Who uses soundcloud? Pathetic...

I use soundcloud cause then I know nobody will hear it
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Who couldn't figure that out, though?

The millions and millions of commenters who are always like "wtf this doesn't sound right! Why would they upload this?"
Quote by Overlord
Quote by Carnivean at #33984728
This is a rant. And you're gonna listen.

No I'm not. The minute you tell me what I'm going to read is the minute I skip the rest of your post and reply with no idea what the actual subject of the thread is
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Carnivean
The millions and millions of commenters who are always like "wtf this doesn't sound right! Why would they upload this?"

If you look at youtube comments, you shouldn't be surprised if you catch severe ******ation from them.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by necrosis1193
No I'm not. The minute you tell me what I'm going to read is the minute I skip the rest of your post and reply with no idea what the actual subject of the thread is

Well I'm not gonna read that! He can't tell ME what to do! I have damn rights you know?!

Lol necro, it was subtle humor that's all.
Quote by Overlord
Quote by Carnivean at #33984852
Well I'm not gonna read that! He can't tell ME what to do! I have damn rights you know?!

Lol necro, it was subtle humor that's all.

I will fight for my right to use a joke as an excuse to be uninformed and make statements completely irrelevant to the topic at-hand
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
this is why you listen to obscure / ancient shit nobody bothers to take down

but for the record i have no clue what you're talking about, but youtube compression is a thing

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I've never listened to anything on youtube that was of poorer quality than it was supposed to be. I also don't listen to much on youtube.
I have nothing important to say
You're complaining about the quality of free, unlicensed streaming of copyrighted content that is uploaded without the publisher's permission. Ok then.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
You're complaining about the quality of free, unlicensed streaming of copyrighted content that is uploaded without the publisher's permission. Ok then.

Is this directed at me?
Quote by Overlord
Quote by whywefight at #33984805
youtube comments that say 'it sounds better at 1.25.....' or whatever are just the worst things

no it doesn't

the tempo was carefully selected already

don't fuck with it

pls
I'm gonna play them all at 1.25 just because of this post
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by ehbacon
I'm pretty sure everyone on earth was aware of this, but thanks for the enlightenment.

Pfft have you done a representative study proving that?
Quote by Overlord
The term you're looking for is 'wrong pitch'. And yes, I'm glad you know what most people already know.

Though it still kind of bothers me. I've had people try to correct my tabs and tell me it's all wrong just because they thought their pitch altered version was the original. I would have to explain that they aren't listening to the studio version. So thanks.
Quote by JackSaints
I've never listened to anything on youtube that was of poorer quality than it was supposed to be. I also don't listen to much on youtube.

Ya this, I don't expect miracles from the joint and dipshits that film concerts on their phone and post on youtube are the worst.