http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/child-sex-abusers-indonesia-chemical-castration/1/677778.html

Child sex abuse is now punishable by death and chemical castration in Indonesia after President Joko Widodo issued a new law following the brutal gang rape and murder of a 14-year-old girl.

The battered body of the victim was discovered, naked and tied up, in a forest on the island of Sumatra after she was attacked by a group of teenagers in April. Seven offenders have been jailed for 10 years.

"Sexual violence against children, as I have said, is an extraordinary crime," President Joko Widodo said on Wednesday after issuing the new law.

"We hope that this law will be a deterrent for offenders and can suppress sexual crimes against children," Widodo said.

Do you agree with the punishment or disagree?
Joko is the guy who also likes Napalm Death, right?

He's lawfully very strict, as I recall, so nothing out of the ordinary.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
not all pedophiles are rapists/killers though...
some of them just have mental issues/born this way

i don't even think castrating a pedophile would stop them from harming someone or spying on little children, etc
it would just make them angry and would probably make them feel even more ostracized from society
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Child sex abuse is now punishable by death and chemical castration in Indonesia after President Joko Widodo issued a new law following the brutal gang rape and murder of a 14-year-old girl.

The battered body of the victim was discovered, naked and tied up, in a forest on the island of Sumatra after she was attacked by a group of teenagers in April. Seven offenders have been jailed for 10 years.

How is that pedophilia, as opposed to just rape?

Also she was a pubescent teenager not really a child (and from what I gather, pedophilia, i.e the actual mental disease, wouldn't apply in this case then).

Anyways yeah totally opposed to this (the castration and death stuff). Those teenagers are shitheads though so I agree they should be put away. Yet they are teenagers so they have a very high chance of rehabilitation and growing up as sane adults, even if they spend the rest of their life in jail (though if they do somehow turn up ok they can be released).

EDIT: Like really, you could go on and on about wanting to chemical castrate child abusers to "be a deterrant for sexual violence against children", but this isn't really the case to bring that up
Last edited by gonzaw at May 26, 2016,
Quote by genghisgandhi
lots of people who hate muslims will, ironically, be all in favour of this

That may be true although keep in mind a lot of people hate the religion of Islam, not Muslims. This is one of those scenarios where people who would point to Indonesia as being a "moderate" Muslim country might have to reconsider their definition of the word moderate. This sort of behaviour is in line with not just what ISIS is doing, but also in line with the values of Sharia Law. Some people think life in prison is cruel and unusual punishment; but I'd argue that this is crueler and more unusual.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Too costly.

Just whip out the machete instead.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Now I'm curious about chemical castration. Dipping their balls in acid?
My God, it's full of stars!
No I think it does something internally that makes your junk not get erect.

Could be wrong, but I don't think anything is removed.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Dreadnought
Now I'm curious about chemical castration. Dipping their balls in acid?

It's not exactly extreme like that. You get prescribed pills and take them. Doesn't leave them sterile for good.
All it does is kill their libido so they're not tempted to rape any kids. How's that controversial. We should do the same thing to Victory2134.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
All it does is kill their libido so they're not tempted to rape any kids. How's that controversial. We should do the same thing to Victory2134.

I do have to say that medication to reduce libido in pedophiles could be a pretty good treatment. It'd work better as an actual medical treatment rather than a "punishment" from commiting a crime though.
Everything as long as it's reversible and safe and regulated
Quote by ErikLensherr

I think if someone is mentally unstable enough to actually act on their desires I'm all for this kind of chemical castration.

But uhh, I like having sex with people my age so I don't really want to be forced to take those kinds of things if I haven't done anything wrong.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you