I will be using a wampler tripple wreck pedal with one of these. The peavey jsx would have to be used. I play mostly slayer, megadeth, metallica, black sabbath, iron maiden, pantera. I cant find any versus threads on these. Anyones opinion?
How to ask for advice -

What ...(Insert Gear?)... Threads

(what you should include to get good advice)

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.

Paragraphs of information about yourself are nice but we really just need the answers to these 6 things.
Pls.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
i would say the JSX. but the more information the better.

the DSL's are really nice amps, but they are not as versatile as the JSX's. they are both EL34, both have loops, both have a clean dirty and two different gain levels. however the JSX has three independent channels and are all footswitchable. also the JSX has better cleans.

really i would go JSX.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Alright im leaning towards the peavey now since it is 212 better for metal. I really loved the van halen that was coming out of the dsl though so nice. Hopefully the peavey can get me a good black sabbath and van halen sound.
one more thing: i would get a set of tubes for whatever you get. my JSX has JJEL34L's and mostly JJ preamp tubes. i like some of the new mullards and the standard JJ's for marshall type stuff. but i would still go for JJ EL34L's in the marshall for sure.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Can't speak for the Marshall but the JSX 212 is a excellent amp worth every penny the amount of tones you can get out of it is truly amazing.

Only complaint I have that I always mention in these threads is that the amp is so fucking heavy, excuse my language but this thing is seriously breaking my back gigging!
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
The JSX can do the Marshall sound just fine on the Crunch channel, the clean channel is excellent and the lead channel has sort of a Mesa recto vibe to it but doesn't have as much percussive bottom end like a recto.

The JSX is just a much better amp than the DSL40c is, and the JSX is a better made amp
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Another vote for the JSX -- not that there's anything wrong with the DSL. It's just that the JSX is more versatile, sound quality is just as good (cleans are probably better, and can get into the brootal territory much easier) and construction quality is just as good if not better.

You will probably find that anything you get out of the Wampler pedal sounds worse than the amp's own overdrive. I'd keep it and try it -- but ultimately I think you'll get even better tones by using an overdrive pedal as a 'clean' boost to the JSX's drive channels.
I had a similar choice and went with Peavey although mine is an Ultra 212 which is came before the JSX. JSX offers 3 separate channels which in itself makes it a more versatile amp. they are heavy which is a downside (70+ pounds). the Marshall has shared EQ on all channels which limits it my book.