Post Wikipedia Pages You Spend Way Too Much Time on LATE INTO THE NIGHT

I'm never on a wiki page for much longer than 5-15 minutes.

Although I did spend a few hours making a wiki page for the band Squid The Whale. For all that time I didn't really add much, but there's not a whole lot to say tbh. I wouldn't really say it's completed either.
Last one I remember reading was Ted Bundy and the guy he tried to help catch who was another serial killer. Fucked up shit, sweet dreams lol.
Quote by Rebel Scum
Last one I remember reading was Ted Bundy and the guy he tried to help catch who was another serial killer. Fucked up shit, sweet dreams lol.

isnt he the guy from that shitty 80s sitcom
Quote by K33nbl4d3

All 80's sitcoms were shit.

But Christina Applegate was hot af in Married With Children, so you are invalid.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Also, at about 15s in, is it me or does that guy say "prostitute"?

i don't have enough russian to say you're wrong, so i guess so
Quote by K33nbl4d3
i don't have enough russian to say you're wrong, so i guess so

I mean it actually sounded(to me, anwyway) like he said it in English, in the middle of a sentence in Russian.
Wait, are people using wiki pages of models for fap material? Is that what's happening here?
Quote by Rebel Scum

so I'm not the only one that spends an inordinate amount of time on wikipedia reading about serial killers then.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by EyeNon15
Samantha Micelli always and forever vastly superior to.....

(Invalid img)

Kelly Bundy
(Invalid img)

The thing is the character Kelly Bundy would do stuff Samantha had never even heard of.

So enjoy your boring vanilla sex life.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Wait, are people using wiki pages of models for fap material? Is that what's happening here?

Some pages have pics of boobs on them.

Just saying...
Quote by slapsymcdougal
The thing is the character Kelly Bundy would do stuff Samantha had never even heard of.

So enjoy your boring vanilla sex life.

Nah Samantha only freaks with her bf.
Kelly would just do it with anybody. Enjoy your life of other dudes nut sweat
I like reading about aberrant people. The Harpe Brothers, for example. But I can get on Wiki on nearly any topic and read for hours. I love that site. You have to be a little careful though, some of those articles are poorly edited horseshit.
Quote by Weaponized
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_common_misconceptions

If the sun was replaced with a black hole of equal mass, WE WOULD BE FINE. WE WOULDN'T GET SUCKED UP IT WOULD BE THE SAME. IT'D JUST BE DARK

Well I'm not sure what kind of grades you got in earth science class but your statement is a bit off. If the sun were replaced with a black hole everything wouldn't be the same just dark, the earth would be a gigantic ball of ice and we would not be here.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Remember the anal sex game? Click random article and see how few links to other articles it takes to get to the anal sex page.

A similar one I heard about a while back that's a little trippy. Click random article, then keep clicking the first link on the page (that's not like how to pronounce the word and shit like that, the first actual link). It'll eventually take you to the philosophy page, no matter where you started from. It may take a while, like 30 or 40 pages, or it might just take a few, but it's cool to see how if you keep going deeper into any subject they all go back to philosophy. I guess it's kinda like if you just keep asking why? why? why? over and over again.
Anyway, were you guys aware that in 1492, famine and disease devastated Getafe, prompting the construction of the Hospitalillo de San José in 1529? And that in 1549, the architect Alonso de Covarrubias began building the Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de La Magdalena, which has since become the Cathedral of the Diocese of Getafe?
If you read a Wikipedia page for more than 10 seconds and retain any of the information you read, you're doing it wrong
Quote by The4thHorsemen
A similar one I heard about a while back that's a little trippy. Click random article, then keep clicking the first link on the page (that's not like how to pronounce the word and shit like that, the first actual link). It'll eventually take you to the philosophy page, no matter where you started from. It may take a while, like 30 or 40 pages, or it might just take a few, but it's cool to see how if you keep going deeper into any subject they all go back to philosophy. I guess it's kinda like if you just keep asking why? why? why? over and over again.

Not always actually. You can get stuck in a loop that way sometimes.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Evilnine
Well I'm not sure what kind of grades you got in earth science class but your statement is a bit off. If the sun were replaced with a black hole everything wouldn't be the same just dark, the earth would be a gigantic ball of ice and we would not be here.

Heh, sorry kid, I'm taking it your parents didn't let you go to school so you could help with the farm? The Earth wouldn't be a gigantic ball of ice, it would be an extremely cold planet of many different elements, not just h20
Last edited by Weaponized at May 27, 2016,
Quote by K33nbl4d3

That was Al Bundy, and the sitcom wasn't shitty. It was really original for its day.

Quote by RCA1186
so I'm not the only one that spends an inordinate amount of time on wikipedia reading about serial killers then.

Nope, you ain't. My boss used to live on the same street as Fred West and that's what got me started cos I didn't know who this guy was. Now that family was real fucked up.
Quote by theogonia777
Not always actually. You can get stuck in a loop that way sometimes.

Hmm, I did it a few times when I first heard about it, then a few more times since then showing other people. In fact, I just did it again. Gave me some random argentine football player, only took 11 clicks. Not a huge sample, but I haven't run into a case where it doesn't work yet.

Just did a search about it and found where someone did some statistical analysis on the subject and it looks like the vast majority of articles do lead to philosophy, and most of those are within 10 to 30 links, but there are some that get stuck in a loop as you said.

The oddest thing about it to me is that even before I heard of this I'd spent a lot more time than I would've predicted reading pages related to philosophy, probably because of this phenomenon.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at May 27, 2016,
I don't think i've used Wikipedia for that purpose ... like ever
Wikipedia pages are pretty terrible sources for anything, dates are almost always inaccurate, and anyone can edit and change facts

the last time i was on Wikipedia i was probably looking into the biography of a musician/band, but there's the WHOLE ENTIRE INTERNET at my disposal, why would i spend hours on a page that's probably only 90% accurate?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
the last time i was on Wikipedia i was probably looking into the biography of a musician/band, but there's the WHOLE ENTIRE INTERNET at my disposal, why would i spend hours on a page that's probably only 90% accurate?

Do you know that anyone can create a website on the "WHOLE ENTIRE INTERNET" that can be equally as full of bs, bias and misinformation. wikipedia is still a fkin great site okay and I will stab anyone who says otherwise.

that aside, I spend most of my wiki searches on history, mostly 20th-21st century stuff. Also something I've found throughout school/uni is that wikipedia's kind of garbage if you wanna learn about mathematics. It always explains things in the most correct way which isn't helpful if you just want a beginner's guide to things.
Does this mean I have to stab myself now... *sigh*
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by k.lainad
I don't think i've used Wikipedia for that purpose ... like ever
Wikipedia pages are pretty terrible sources for anything, dates are almost always inaccurate, and anyone can edit and change facts

historical accuracy is a construction

wikipedia is useful to get a generalized or broad version of the subject before you dive into the various in-depth accounts that probably provide differing perspectives. Wikipedia is awesome
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls