Hey guys

I have a BC Rich Ironbird Platinum series. it was my first guitar and i thought i'd like to renovate bits of it. The tremolo in particular. But i have no idea if i can get a new tremolo that fits it. It looks a bit like a Schaller.

Image is here:

Can anyone figure out which tremolo i can replace it with?
Amp:
Bugera 333
Harley Benton G412A Vintage

Guitar:
Ibanez RG321MH w/ EMG 81 & 58

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
~ For all things Bugera
It's a licensed Floyd Rose copy.

Measure the distance - center to center - between the pivot screws, which will tell you which FRs you could do a 'drop in' replacement with.
what is wrong with the tremolo now? if the knife edges aren't too fucked, you may be best off just cleaning it up a bit.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I may sound like an idiot now but I have no idea what knife edges are.

This particular trem isn't very stable and the guitar was a a cheap build in the late 80s. But I love it because it was my first and I had it for 20 years now.
Amp:
Bugera 333
Harley Benton G412A Vintage

Guitar:
Ibanez RG321MH w/ EMG 81 & 58

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
~ For all things Bugera
Quote by ShredNChunk
I may sound like an idiot now but I have no idea what knife edges are.

This particular trem isn't very stable and the guitar was a a cheap build in the late 80s. But I love it because it was my first and I had it for 20 years now.

The pivot points are also referred to as knife edges.
That bridge is somewhat different than most licensed floyds. Can you post up a pic from the back?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
I take it strings through the block?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I will be honest, I'm far from an expert, but that is very different from most Floyds. The route on the back may be different, the profile may be different, there are so many variables. Maybe check a BCR forum? Email BCR? Good luck!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
If you're not 100% attached to using the tremolo, you could just block it and treat the guitar as a hardtail. Your first guitar would still be there and perfectly useable.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by Leather Sleeves
I also don't think that this trem's a LFR, or even a copy. I've got a newer BC with a LFR and it looks nothing like that.

If you look at the pic in the OP, it's clearly stamped/engraved "LICENSED UNDER FLOYD ROSE PATS".
looks like the older version of floyds, I think Guthrie Govan has something similar on his signature Charvel guitar. like mentioned before, if you're not one for dive bombs and dime squeals, I would just block it.
i would just rehab it and focus on balancing it a bit better. you could also try to smooth out the areas in the block the bind up the strings. if you don't have have a locking nut and don't want to put one on, then there's not a whole lot you can do short of blocking it up or living with it..

apparently you can get a replacement used one for $12.99 so if you need spare parts i'd pick one up as a doner.

that thing was made around the time when floyd rose and gary kahler were lawsuit happy. in order to keep face they'd have sued anyone and everyone who had a knife edge floating trem on a guitar. so while it may say "licensed under floyd rose" is really has nothing to do with a regular fr other then the concepts of "knife edges", "fine tuners","floating action" and fear of lawsuits.

you could hit up this guy for info and parts if you want:

http://www.wammiworld.com/

he knows a ton and is very responsive via email.
Last edited by ad_works at May 30, 2016,
It's a licensed floyd rose, not very good but not bad.
I have a Kramer with one in it, minus the fine tuners. There's no actual cavity routed behind it so you can't even do full dive bombs or squeels; I get the feeling yours is the same way.
..I was watching my death.