I was just wondering if anyone had ever sold a guitar to GC and if so, did you feel they gave you a fair price for it?
ignoring the fact that gc are basically crooks, you'll never get a decent price selling to a store because they have to make their own profit on it, and the more the sales tax generally the more they have to take from your cut to compensate
They will rape you. I think they buy at 1/3 of the new and sell for 2/3 of the price new. Something like that. Ebay, craigslist, reverb, just about anything will get you more money.

What are you trying to sell?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
As a general rule, stores will never give you the best deal on your gear. They wouldnt make much selling it otherwise. If you want to get the most cash, selling it through your local classifieds is the best way.

If you arent comfy doing that you could consider consignment I guess but the store will still take a cut of the sale for selling it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
LOL no you will not get a fair price from GC if you are selling, they offered me $250 for a 6 month old Peavey 6505+ 120watt head. I only had about 10 hours playing time on it I know that is neither here nor there and everyone says that but $250? I still have it BTW.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I agree you do much better to sell privately, but it's not GC's fault. they buy these items at wholesale and in order to sell the used item they have to substantially reduce the price from the new one they have on the shelf....And the difference is minimal.

I've looked at a lot of their used gear and if the item is in good shape it's very sllightly cheaper than the new one.
Ever wondered why you get such amazing deals when buying from GC used?

It's solely because they completely fuck the sellers over. They're literally the worst place you can possibly take your guitar to sell it. They take advantage of other people's ignorance on what their gear is actually worth. And the seller's ignorance is not GC's problem.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 27, 2016,
Maybe it's worth $200 or more to get the money now rather than wait several months to find a buyer. I understand the convenience of selling to GC, as long as you don't have the time to wait and need the money now.
To be fair to GC any place that buys used stuff for the purpose of reselling it does this they have to have a decent profit margin to make it woth their while.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Selling direct on craigslist/classified/etc will get you the most cash, but if you're not into having strangers over to your music room, I'd sell on consignment. The store will still take a % but it's way better than getting fucked by GC...
"Music is the only religion that delivers the goods" - Frank Zappa
Wow, surprised that the responses are mostly reasonable and measured.

Here's the best of both worlds:

sell independently (via CL, etc), but agree to meet at Guitar Center for the prospective buyer to try out. You maximize profit and minimize security risks.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana