I just got another Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus. I got my Black Cherry Tribute about three years ago and it has become my go to gig guitar for classic rock gigs. It just sings. I have been looking for another one in Sapphire Blue (or Trans Blue) but I wanted to buy used. (I'm not sure which color they called this one but it was the blue that I was looking for.) I check into EBay often looking for one at a reasonable price but the ones listed are either too high price wise or not the color I was looking for. Last week I found one that had just been listed at a "Buy it Now" price of $450 with $40 shipping. I jumped on it. The seller admitted he has G.A.S. and had only bought the guitar last June (2015) but now had to "thin the herd" so I got it at a great price.

It arrived yesterday and both the guitar and case are in mint condition. Not a scratch on it and very well set up with nice action. These 1960 Tribute modals are a real bargain with Gibson Classic 57 pups, Grover Locking Tuners, CTS pots, Mallory caps, Switchcraft three way, full sized maple cap (veneer top) and mahogany body. I'm very pleased with it. I have two gigs this holiday weekend so I can pay off more than half the price which is always my justification when I buy another guitar that I really don't need. Funny how quickly your wants can become your needs.
One Last tip for anyone looking to buy a 1960 Tribute Plus. As I stated they come from Epiphone with real Gibson Classic 57 pickups. Read sellers descriptions carefully when looking for used one on EBay, Craigslist etc. Sellers are buying these Tributes and replacing the pickups with cheap standard Alnico pups and selling the Gibson pups separately. Gibson Classic 57 pups will sell brand new for between $250-300 a set. On EBay they will go for about $150 a set. Some of these are coming from sellers who remove them from the Tribute and other modals, sell the guitars at seemingly bargain prices and make more money by selling the Gibson pups separately. Before buying ask the seller outright if the Gibson pups are still in the guitar you are considering.
Attachments:
1960 tribute.jpg
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at May 27, 2016,
Beautiful finish love the transparent blue over flame, congrats HNGD Rock on!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Niiiice score man! Love the color of that one for sure.

I know the 57 classics arent too popular but I personally like them quite a bit. I have an set in my beater Elitist SG.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quite the looker- HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Nice one.

Out of interest, do these guitars come in tobacco burst?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE at #33986345
Nice one.

Out of interest, do these guitars come in tobacco burst?

You can get a Tribute Plus in Tobacco Burst for sure. They call it Vintage Burst though.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
nice

nice heads-up about the pickups as well
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Another nice looking Tribute Plus.
Attachments:
EpiLP1-2.jpg
Last edited by Rickholly74 at May 27, 2016,
Quote by Rickholly74 at #33986395

Needs a proper cream guard and tall rings but aside from that, looks awesome
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Rickholly74

That looks really cool.

I've never seen an LP where the pickguard makes it look better, but this is the exception.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
HNGD! I have a 2014 60's Tribute in ebony. I picked it up from a collector in it's HSC in mint/unplayed condition for $500 USD shipped. I plan to put some mileage on it and I'll not be selling it any time soon. A friendly reminder...you don't want these things to take a floor dive head first. They don't bounce. Strap locks = mandatory. I just watched three of them with broken necks sell on eBay for $300+ each.
You are right about the Epiphone headstocks. I see many on EBay with "cracked" necks. I own an Epiphone Standard that I bought on EBay for $180 about 4 years ago mostly because it also came with a HSC. There is a crack in the finish that goes across the neck about an inch below the nut. When I got it I was apprenticing with guitar luthier Tom Doyle (Les Paul's personal guitar tech for 45 years) and I figured that I could learn how to reset a broken headstock while working with Tom. He examined it and said that the neck was probably cracked but I should wait and let come off naturally rather than do anything to it now.

I leave this guitar at my partners house for rehearsing so I don't have to carry a guitar back and forth. It still has great action and plays nice. One day I expect the neck to just snap off and I'll get the chance to glue it back on but for now it seems solid and has great action. Generally I am careful with my guitars but it's amazing how many I see for sale with cracks on the neck near the headstock on EBay. Makes me think a solid scarf joint on an LP is good thing.
Sweet looking guitar!

I bought an Epiphone Tribute Plus from Reverb about a month ago and UPS stood it on end and cracked the headstock all the way through. Needless to say I was completely bummed. The seller was nice about it and gave me a refund, but it was a waste of a brand new guitar.

-Mike
2015 Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus
2014 Ibanez GRX70QA
Fender Champion 20