Poll Options
View poll results: Do or don't you?
Yes of course I watch it who the hell doesn't
20 30%
I'm a weirdo like mind_meld and don't watch it
46 70%
Voters: 66.
Page 1 of 3
I don't. Everyone seems to watch it. Is there anyone else in this world - or maybe just the Pit - who doesn't watch this show?

(Don't try convince me to watch it. Not interested and I waste enough time as it is.)
I've watched the first four seasons, but I'm not sure I want to continue watching. I do like several of the story lines, and I don't mind long stories at all, but my interest in watching for years to come to get some kind of closure in the story is just going down pretty fast.

Maybe I'll watch all of it once it's completely done.
I'm just curious as to whether everyone else in the world watches it. I think everyone at work watches it. I haven't had TV for years so I got used to watching things on dvd then internet, and I hate the idea of watching something one episode a week. If I'm into a show I want to watch it all in one hit (or binge watch it at least, maybe not ALL in one night)
I got 2 free beers from my friends just so I agreed to check out the first episode. I checked out the episode, collected my free beers and never downloaded another episode.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I don't. I read the books so I figured I would like the show. However, the first few episodes didn't hold my attention. I also know I definitely couldn't deal with watching many of the events that occur in the book, so I didn't persist.

Now I've lost interest in the books too because it's been too long between books. And I thought waiting for Harry Potter was bad....
cat
I watch it but I hate it I just don't want to get spoiled for the rather good series of books by Twitter or in the pube
Quote by mind_meld at #33985956
I don't. Everyone seems to watch it. Is there anyone else in this world - or maybe just the Pit - who doesn't watch this show?

No. You are literally the only person on the planet who doesn't watch Game of Thrones. Even people serving life sentences watch it. Even starving children in Africa watch it. It's only you that doesn't.

You freak.
I watch it and I thoroughly enjoy it.

But.

And I know this is an incredibly hipster viewpoint to have.

It kinda annoys me how now everyone watches it. Like, to the point where you can't scroll down your Facebook feed for more than 30 seconds without seeing at least some kind of Game of Thrones related article or meme. And, living in England, if you don't stay up until 3am the night it airs to watch the newest episode then 3 hours later people seem to think it's okay to post spoilers about it, as vague as they might be.

I just feel like it's being shoved down my throat a bit, whereas before I was quite happy to just chew on it at my own pace.
Last edited by matt bickerton at May 27, 2016,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I watch it but I hate it I just don't want to get spoiled for the rather good series of books by Twitter or in the pube

Quoting for posterity because apparently ETR gets spoilers from his ball hairs.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I've not seen a single second of it, despite multiple people telling me it's "right up my alley". I'm not really a fan of medieval fantasy so I'm not sure where they are coming from.
Not me! Not the first episode have I seen, I seem to be getting along just fine without it.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by JackalUK
I've not seen a single second of it, despite multiple people telling me it's "right up my alley". I'm not really a fan of medieval fantasy so I'm not sure where they are coming from.

Are you generally a fan of boobs and people getting killed?
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

I dont watch it. I actually dont watch a lot of cool TV shows cause Im boring. I mostly watch standup and the food channel and everything outside that bubble doesnt exist.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by RAB11
Are you generally a fan of boobs and people getting killed?

Boobs and killings....I'm down with that.
Quote by JackalUK
Boobs and killings....I'm down with that.

That's why people tell you it's right up your alley.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I'm surprised how many of you seem to be able to afford HBO
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by JackalUK
It's just framed with stupid dragons, wizards and ghosts though.

TBH, the only 'wizard' is pretty hot and gets her boobs out a fair bit.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I still watch it but my interest has waned considerably over the years. The first season was amazing once it going after the first few episodes but it's been a pretty steady downhill from there. The amount of filler in later seasons is insane. Also R.I.P. all the good characters.
I just watch the best bits from youtube.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Game of thrones is just another one of those shows that people obsess over that I'm never going to watch.
Quote by RAB11
Don't think that's what they were saying, bud.

I've never seen it. Not interested either.

I was hoping I had made that clear when that one guy asked if Walter White could rule that throne or whatever lol nerd.
Never watched it.

Also never watched breaking bad when it was out. got all the series downloaded now that everyone's stfu about it but have been half way into season 2 since last year (it's good but I just watched it in a binge initially and keep putting off watching more because I figure it will be another binge session and I get put off the idea of doing those for any show, I find it easier to watch one or two episodes as they come out)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Im kind of take it or leave it with the show, i enjoy reading the books in my own time more. That said, ill probably watch the new season once its all out.

Everyone should watch The Wire.
*dusts hands satisfactorily*
Quote by Carnivean
I'm surprised how many of you seem to be able to afford HBO

Torrents.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Last edited by Gatecrasher53 at May 27, 2016,
I've not watched any of it.

I'm not opposed, I just don't have time. (More specifically, I have time but I choose to spend it elsewhere.)
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I watched the first season and lost interest after that.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by theguitarist
Never watched it.

Also never watched breaking bad when it was out. got all the series downloaded now that everyone's stfu about it but have been half way into season 2 since last year (it's good but I just watched it in a binge initially and keep putting off watching more because I figure it will be another binge session and I get put off the idea of doing those for any show, I find it easier to watch one or two episodes as they come out)
Wish I'd done the same.

Again, don't want to sound 'hipster' about it, but I started watching both Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones shortly before they seemed to become seemingly viral sensations - after not being able to escape them from that point onwards I found mention of their name a little more annoying.

The Wire and The Sopranos on the other hand I watched waaaaaaay after they'd stopped airing, so I could watch them all at my own pace, not have to worry about spoilers and as a result I think I probably enjoyed them more (Although The Wire is about as perfect as a TV show can possibly be, so that helps)
I haven't watched this year's episodes at all. Last year was shitty with the exception of Ramsay Bolton.
Quote by TobusRex
I haven't watched this year's episodes at all. Last year was shitty with the exception of Ramsay Bolton.

If he's not gone Full Ramsay yet, I'm not sure I want to see that happen.

At any rate, he Ramsays pretty hard in s6.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I watched the first season and kinda enjoyed the nudity and violence, and the acting is really, really good!

but each episode is like watching a LOTR movie, and that gets boring after a while
i understand the hype behind Game of Thrones, but it's not my "binge-watch" cup of tea

i'll watch it if its on, but i don't really bother following it these days
I haven't seen an episode in over 2 years...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
I watched the first season and kinda enjoyed the nudity and violence, and the acting is really, really good!

but each episode is like watching a LOTR movie, and that gets boring after a while
i understand the hype behind Game of Thrones, but it's not my "binge-watch" cup of tea

i'll watch it if its on, but i don't really bother following it these days
I haven't seen an episode in over 2 years...

In that case, you missed this girl's boobs

Quote by Diemon Dave
Page 1 of 3