Edited the picture with the tags off and unplugged. Thanks for the feedback.

I just got a 2015 Epiphone Les Paul Tribute and have a Fender Champion 20 practice amp. I can't seem to dial in a decent tone yet and could use some suggestions. Can't throw down more $$ to get a Marshall stack just yet.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

-Mike
Attachments:
2016-05-28 15.47.06_ug.jpg
Last edited by mhewitt72 at May 28, 2016,
First of all, what kind of music do you play?
Also don't expect a small 8" (correct me if I'm wrong) speaker to have a great low end response.
Also, would probably be a good idea to unplug the cable when you put the guitar away. It's just begging to catch a toe and haul the guitar off the stand.
I play 80's rock and metal...guns n roses, metallica, motley crue, dokken...
Vypyr 30
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
You have to learn work with what you have. I am a big fan of the Epi Tribute so I know you are OK in that department. I just watched a demo of the Fender Champ 20 amp on YouTube. It's a small functional practice amp. Don't expect huge sound out it, it wasn't designed for that. It's a practice amp with a few effects. It has 20 watts so power isn't an issue. The 8 inch speaker will only give you so much range. Use it the best you can until you need something bigger and better.

I like your Tribute guitar. Nice finish.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Quote by Cathbard
Vypyr 30

yeah. that or the 15 watt would work. the 30 is worth going for if you can swing it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by slapsymcdougal at #33986853
Also, would probably be a good idea to unplug the cable when you put the guitar away. It's just begging to catch a toe and haul the guitar off the stand.

Totally.

Just not a great idea to be leaving it like that.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Why do you leave those ugly tags around the tone controls like that? I'd take those off immediately.

And yeah, with an amp like a Champion 20, you cannot expect to get really great tones out of it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Why do you leave those ugly tags around the tone controls like that? I'd take those off immediately.

And yeah, with an amp like a Champion 20, you cannot expect to get really great tones out of it.

Yeah, that picture was from when I first got it when I only had a couple minutes to unpack it. Tags are off.

I found some settings that work and it is sounding decent now.
Quote by Rickholly74
You have to learn work with what you have. I am a big fan of the Epi Tribute so I know you are OK in that department. I just watched a demo of the Fender Champ 20 amp on YouTube. It's a small functional practice amp. Don't expect huge sound out it, it wasn't designed for that. It's a practice amp with a few effects. It has 20 watts so power isn't an issue. The 8 inch speaker will only give you so much range. Use it the best you can until you need something bigger and better.

I like your Tribute guitar. Nice finish.

Thanks, I'm getting the settings figured out and found some decent tone with it. Just took some experimenting.