This may be a bit of a niche thread, but I know there are some ASAT lovers here.

I've got a '93 USA Classic (honey burst with wood binding, she's a beauty), but I find that I'm more into the neck pickup than bridge lately. The bridge pickup is woofy and squeals with a decent amount of gain (which I control with the volume). I'm wondering if anyone has had success with something like a Duncan Quarter Pounder in the bridge position for one of these. I'm good with the high output of the MFD, but unlike many others, I find the clarity lacking, even on my trebly AC15. I'm keeping the MFD should I ever want to switch back, but I'm looking at options.

Thoughts?
OffsetOffset
Rio Grande makes some nice pickups, and at one point, they had even done some specifically with G&Ls in mind. You might want to send them an email.

Vintage Vibe is a one man custom winder. Pete Biltoff makes good stuff for not a hellaciously big price. I've got a couple of his, including a Charlie Christian for a Tele-style bridge, and Cathbard just ordered a 7-string P90 from him. So who knows what he can or can't do?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I see and hear things; they stick to my brain.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!