I get it about the heel cut, but I am interested in the slimmer cut of the neck on the hp. Can't find any side by side comparison pics or videos of the neck thickness.

Also, if anyone has experience with both versions, could you let me know what you think? Is the HP a more shreddable guitar or is it pretty similar even with the neck difference?

Thank you
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
The HP neck isn't any slimmer than a regular slim taper. The difference is mostly in the width. The HP is 1.745" at the nut and the T is 1.695".
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Thank you. Looks like that's not a huge difference then in width either. I went to the only guitar shop in town and they apparently are not a licensed dealer for Gibson or actually many other brands. No 2016 stock and only 2 used older models. I'll have to wait until I go abroad in August and check out a guitar shop in America.
Ready and aimed at you
We salute you
I think i heard that it is the neck shape that's actually different.It's asymmetrical to fit in the hand better iirc.
Quote by EyeballPaul
I think i heard that it is the neck shape that's actually different.It's asymmetrical to fit in the hand better iirc.

Both the T and the HP have that.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Would it be worth the upgrade to HP for the heel?
Ready and aimed at you
We salute you
Lol that's all preference. You tell us. Is it worth it for you?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by columbiar
Although the nut is wider on the hp, is the string spacing any wider?

I don't believe it is.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by 21GunSalute
Would it be worth the upgrade to HP for the heel?

I think it probably depends on how and what you play.

I'm a major fan of the shaved neck heel, and I think it should probably be available on all LPs. The very difficult to find (and expensive if you can find one) Neal Schon sig guitar started it with Gibson, and it moved to the Axcess. I snagged one of those six years ago. Yamaha SG2000s and Ibanez AR300s had smoothed neck heels back in the late '70's/early '80's, neck-through guitars often have them (flip over most old Carvins), and they make tons of sense if you're going to play the higher frets. With a "normal" LP, the neck is mounted to the body at the 16th fret (by comparision, a 335 mounts at the 19th fret) and there's a 90 degree body point that meets the palm of your hand when you try to play that upper frets.

Modern LP variations have done several things to avoid that. Some guitars have "tilted" neck heels that work about the same as the Axcess. Some additionally have 24-fret necks that move the entire fretboard away from the guitar about 3/4" (this moves the bridge and bridge pickup toward the neck pickup about the same amount, of course). Agile AL-3200s have neck-through construction and a carved neck heel (as well as a tummy cut), and upper fret access and comfort is excellent.
Quote by EyeballPaul

The LP Standard has an asymmetrical neck shape. In my experience, it doesn't make much of a difference either way.

The HP standard, however, definitely has a thinner neck than the T (.800 vs .828 at the first fret, .875 vs .973 at the 12th fret), and for me, the Standard neck is preferable.

If I could order one of these guitars, it would be the HP with the carved neck heel, WITH a tummy cut, with no weight relief, withOUT the auto-tuners, with an ebony fretboard, with jumbo stainless frets and real MOP inlays, and with plastics that weren't titty-pink.

I don't care about the titanium saddles or the funky nut, and I'd prefer wider string spacing if the nut's going to be wider as well.