Page 1 of 2
there's always threads about beer / spirits, might as well do one on wine.

My favs are malbecs, cab sauvs for reds and rieslings, chardonnays for whites.

Not a "seasoned" drinker by any means, but I find the ones priced between $15-25 to be the sweet spot.

vineyard trips are also awesome. highly recommend it with a group of friends.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Lol
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
When I go to gallery openings they always have wine

people stand right in front of the art so nobody can see it, and talk about themselves

I drink to numb the frustration

I like the red wine
too bougie 4 me
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I actually have only tried red wine once. But white wine? never had the opportunity
i'm not the biggest fan of alcohol or getting sloshed, so i don't drink beers, wines too often anyways..

I'd like to visit one of those wine tasting events/gallarys type places and try a bunch of prime-time stuff and look at art, listen to music, that would be a fun day haha

i suppose i would buy a bottle of the good stuff if went on an outdoor picnic-type date... that would be romantic and classy
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Wine is good, but I don't know brands really

I like em red
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

i do like a nice galss of red now and then not so keen on white if i'm honest
Quote by Dirge Humani
wine is the only thing i drink that consistently gives me hangovers.

oooh yeah, all things (ie. # of servings) being equal, i typically feel worse the morning after wine than beer or liquor.

i like wine, i do not drink it too often -- probably 'cuz i have internalized shitlord ideology about how wine is for women & i have to drink beer 'cuz i am a guy -- wow, even in drinking oneself into oblivion, there is no escape.
i'm not an expert but i do drink it fairly regularly. i like the lack of pretentiousness associated with it here, it's drunk just as much by workers and students as it is by well-off people. it comes up in a lot of our literature and many of our greatest authors and poets drank it like water.

i've read somewhere that there's a wineyard for every 70 people in slovenia. incidentally, i've done a bit of work on my friend's grandparents' zidanica twice, which is like a small house next to a wineyard. it was pretty fun and we drank wine constantly while working.

picture of a typical zidanica

i've drank a few more expensive french and italian wines before but i don't even remember the names tbh. they were pretty good. generally i drink slovene wines which are often based on italian wines.

favourite red wines are refošk and kraški teran which are based on the refosco grape. favourite white wine is istrska malvazija based on the malvasia grape. then there's cviček for general rekkage although i love buying a 2€ bottle of malvazija and whichever soft drink when i want to get drunk.

and that is all i have to say about that

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
wine makes me emotional and cry

and gives me the worst hangovers

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Zdravljica - A Toast

The vintage, friends, is over,
And here sweet wine makes, once again,
Sad eyes and hearts recover,
Puts fire in every vein,
Drowns dull care
Everywhere
And summons hope out of despair.

To whom with acclamation
And song shall we our first toast give?
God save our land and nation
And all Slovenes where'er they live,
Who own the same
Blood and name,
And who one glorious Mother claim.

Let thunder out of heaven
Strike down and smite our wanton foe!
Now, as it once had thriven,
May our dear realm in freedom grow.
Let fall the last
Chains of the past
Which bind us still and hold us fast!

Let peace, glad conciliation,
Come back to us throughout the land!
Towards their destination
Let Slavs henceforth go hand-in-hand!
Thus again
Will honour reign
To justice pledged in our domain.

To you, our pride past measure,
Our girls! Your beauty, charm and grace!
here surely is no treasure
To equal maidens of such race.
Sons you'll bear,
Who will dare
Defy our foe no matter where.

Our hope now, our to-morrow -
Our youth - we toast and toast with joy.
No poisonous blight or sorrow
Your love of homeland shall destroy.
With us indeed
You're called to heed
Its summons in this hour of need.

God's blessing on all nations,
Who long and work for that bright day,
When o'er earth's habitations
No war, no strife shall hold its sway;
Who long to see
That all men free
No more shall foes, but neighbours be.

At last to our reunion -
To us the toast! Let it resound,
Since in this gay communion
By thoughts of brotherhood we're bound.
May joyful cheer
Ne'er disappear
From all good hearts now gathered here.

Also this is one of the finest and most celebrated works of Slovene poetry, written by France Prešeren. The bolded part is the official anthem although the first stanza is often sung as well.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Speaking of wine

when is the new Tool album coming out?

but srs, has anyone tried Maynard's wine?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at May 28, 2016,
Quote by korinaflyingv
that first stanza makes a pretty good case for alcoholism

incidentally france prešeren died from alcoholism, alone and depressed

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
nah i only drink about once a month maybe less

wine even less frequently

but whenever i have a bottle of wine

i get really emo

and have the worst hangover after

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I hate Chardonnay. It's the oak taste that I dislike.

Prefer sauvingon blanc and citrusy whites. Also vino Verde because that shit goes down soooooo easy.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I'm not good at distinguishing between types of wine. Pinot noir is my fave red.

I've been to Willamette valley in OR, and Sonoma/Napa JM California. I recommend Willamette over Sonoma/Napa any day
My God, it's full of stars!
all these beverage threads are making me sad I didn't buy alcohol before all the places shut
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Dreadnought
I'm not good at distinguishing between types of wine. Pinot noir is my fave red.

I've been to Willamette valley in OR, and Sonoma/Napa JM California. I recommend Willamette over Sonoma/Napa any day
wine varies greatly from vineyard to vineyard I find.

Most recent vineyard trip, I went to a place in goddamn BALTIMORE county and actually had one of the best cabernets I've ever tried. Bought 2 bottles to go. Had low/no expectations beforehand. Was a YUUUUGE surprise. yuge.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
wine varies greatly from vineyard to vineyard I find.

the French call it terroir, the same variety of grapes from different vineyards vary the wine a LOT and that's why it's interesting.

do you see any Shiraz in the states? That is big time in Australia, very popular although I've always leant more towards cab sav myself.

I'm actually in France at the moment in a funny coincidence and doing my best to try the local stuff.
Quote by Diamond Dave
the French call it terroir, the same variety of grapes from different vineyards vary the wine a LOT and that's why it's interesting.

do you see any Shiraz in the states? That is big time in Australia, very popular although I've always leant more towards cab sav myself.

I'm actually in France at the moment in a funny coincidence and doing my best to try the local stuff.

The french definitely keep the best stuff for themselves.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Diamond Dave
yep we have shiraz here. In fact I almost bought a bottle tonight but went with a white zinfandel instead to make sangria. Normally not big into these kinds of wine.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by JamSessionFreak
i'm not an expert but i do drink it fairly regularly. i like the lack of pretentiousness associated with it here, it's drunk just as much by workers and students as it is by well-off people. it comes up in a lot of our literature and many of our greatest authors and poets drank it like water.
Yea I don't know what's up with the association with rich people and shit. I drink it because I like the taste and refuse to pay for anything beyond 19 bucks.

There is a certain level of pretentiousness since a lot of self proclaimed wine experts can't tell shit whether it's a $25 wine or $250 one. I probs can't either and don't need to.

How I know I'm getting older... my friends and I just sit around talking and drink a bottle or two of some red every weekend.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm not very sophisticated when it comes to wines. I like sweet wine, and dislike the sour wines the experts say are the best.

Worst wine I ever had was some Australian wine that had a kangaroo on the label. Nasty stuff.
Quote by TobusRex
I'm not very sophisticated when it comes to wines. I like sweet wine, and dislike the sour wines the experts say are the best.

Worst wine I ever had was some Australian wine that had a kangaroo on the label. Nasty stuff.
lol yellowtail? yea that stuff is crap. so harsh.

By "sour" I think you mean dry wine, which are my fav. You do need to "open" them up a bit by aerating which gets the wine exposed to oxygen. Just swish the glass around vigorously for a minute on the table.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 2