Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to bypass/change the channels or effects on my amp without changing the loop. For example: I want to record a loop with a clean sound, but I want to solo over the loop with distortion/overdrive. When I switch the channel on my amp, it gives the loop the exact same sound instead of keeping the recorded loop sound. So I want to know if it is possible to bypass this? Is it something to do with my pedal arrangement or maybe how the loop pedal itself works? Any help appreciated.

My gear is:
Vox VT30
ESP LTD KH-202
Vox VFS5 channel switcher

My pedal order is (from guitar to amp):
Fender volume pedal
Polytune tuner
Vox wah
JOYO ultimate drive
Ditto looper
Last edited by lucasamadeusp at May 28, 2016,
Uh, maybe I'm not getting it, but shouldn't that be possible with the looper pedal plugged into the amp's effects-loop (instead of having it in front of the amp)?
Quote by TheQuailman
Uh, maybe I'm not getting it, but shouldn't that be possible with the looper pedal plugged into the amp's effects-loop (instead of having it in front of the amp)?

If you mean another input, there is none. There is the primary input and then theres a channel switcher input on the back of the amp, which is already in use by a channel switcher pedal.
The VT30 doesn't have an effects loop.
But...
I dunno if its still there, but there was a tutorial on adding one on http://www.valvetronix.net/forums/ a few years ago.

Edit:
Just found this :
http://www.valvetronix.net/docs/AD30VT-FXloop_%28v2%29.pdf
Last edited by CodeMonk at May 28, 2016,
As has been mentioned the easiest way is to set your amp clean and use a pedal for dirt. But another tool you have is your guitar knobs. You can use those for contrasting loops. Just as an example, if you wanna loop a clean rhythm and jam over it with a clean lead tone, simply turn the pup volume and tone down a few notches for your base loop and then back up for jamming over it. That's just the simplest example, do some experimenting and you may find those knobs come in handy.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
The thing is, it's not just the distortion/overdrive I want to use, there are tons of effects on the amp as well. Guess I'll have to either buy all the effect pedals or get a new amp (but i really like this amp tho :c)
Yeah itll have to go into the amps effects loop, but seeing as you dont have one you wont be able to do it.

I was doing it the other day with a Blackstar Ht50. Great fun getting to channels through one amp