Page 1 of 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU1uTpaXYyU

Still losing braincells trying to decide if this is an actual video or some sort of joke band.

Please help before I forget what year it is and the faces of all my loved ones.
GEEYUR :

X) Schecter Tempest Custom f/w SD SH-6

X) Ibanez RG321MH f/w SD SH-11

X) AMT Pangea CP-100 ( AWWW YIS )

X) Line 6 POD HD 500X

When you licky-bum-bum so hard you get sticky num-nums.
It's better than brokenCYDE.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777

Why did you need to remind me of that phase of my life

ugh

Edit: Actually watched the video, it was a good comparison
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at May 30, 2016,
Quote by theogonia777
only just tho

but yeah this is probably legit their fans are like this
It's one of those things where nobody could be that committed to making a parody to be that convincing with the scene kid getup. It's also not nearly camp enough. If it were more over the top, it would probably be a parody, but it's to much on the line of ambiguity. I just don't see those kids as being clever enough to balance on the line so perfectly while being committed to the image if they weren't genuine.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
It was pretty funny alright
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
I wish I had half black and half red pants.

I mean, not really but it's all I can really think of when I see that thumbnail.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Rap is still cool.
No really, it is.

At least its not dubstep
Last edited by EyeNon15 at May 30, 2016,
Quote by EyeNon15 at #33989707
Rap is still cool.
No really, it is.

At least its not dubstep

yeahhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I48J7OrYXDk
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I'm still wondering if I would bang any of them or not.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I really like it though.
It does such a wonderful job of breaking down stereotypes about white people dancing and rythym and overall coolness.

Unicorns killed my girlfriend! Word!
Last edited by EyeNon15 at May 30, 2016,
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I'm still wondering if I would bang any of them or not.

I'm with you bro
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

the whole Crunkcore/electronicore scene is a strange entity. If you don't spend enough time around it, you might never really "get it", but there's really not much to get.

Let's just say the line between irony and sincerity is almost a complete blur in this kind of scene. Look at the band Eskimo Callboy for example. They're clearly "joking" but they also aren't, because the joke is that they like to party, but they actually *do* like to party. It's a sincere appreciation of dumb fun while recognizing that it's dumb fun. I think most artists, including BrokeNCYDE, in the crunkcore/electronicore scenes are like this. They want to have fun, they like electronic and they like whatever screaming-vocal genres they listen to, so they mash it together into a sloppy mess.

Basically, fucking *every* band like this is parody and not parody at the same time. A parody paradox. Parodox? Me and my brother have kinda studied these scenes for years now because we're reluctant fans of a lot of the music to come out of it.

also, Eskimo Callboy is great -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_EvhxynAdY
If there is a God, it's me.
Musically taking yourself not seriously at all can be just as cringey as taking yourself too seriously
I'd much rather listen to somebody that takes themselves too seriously (not that I've ever listened to a band and thought they gave too much of a shit) than somebody that thinks of it as a joke.

Almost every comedy band is awful
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Tenacious D is one of the best bands ever
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by qrEE
the whole Crunkcore/electronicore scene is a strange entity. If you don't spend enough time around it, you might never really "get it", but there's really not much to get.

Let's just say the line between irony and sincerity is almost a complete blur in this kind of scene. Look at the band Eskimo Callboy for example. They're clearly "joking" but they also aren't, because the joke is that they like to party, but they actually *do* like to party. It's a sincere appreciation of dumb fun while recognizing that it's dumb fun. I think most artists, including BrokeNCYDE, in the crunkcore/electronicore scenes are like this. They want to have fun, they like electronic and they like whatever screaming-vocal genres they listen to, so they mash it together into a sloppy mess.

Basically, fucking *every* band like this is parody and not parody at the same time. A parody paradox. Parodox? Me and my brother have kinda studied these scenes for years now because we're reluctant fans of a lot of the music to come out of it.

also, Eskimo Callboy is great -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_EvhxynAdY

yup you're definitely just a parody of a person
That "Rawr Films" thing makes me wonder if it's a short film for some zero budget studio.
Quote by ElMaco
Tenacious D is one of the best bands ever

The D are taking themselves pretty seriously these days.
And rightfully so. They are one of the best rock bands out there right now, regardless of the in show comedy
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Jun 1, 2016,
Well parody or not it sucks! Just another example that is this day and age it doesn't take much for something to pass for music.

If it weren't for YouTube all of these talentless asshats would only be annoying in their schools or in the neighborhood.

Without Autotune the world would be a better place
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jun 1, 2016,
Quote by Evilnine
Without Autotune the world would be a better place

If any band you like put out a new album in the last 15 years, I can say that there is at least a 90% chance that the producer/engineer used autotune and. I can say with a higher level of certainty that the producer/engineer would have autotne on any of the "classic" albums that you like had the technology been available. And you honestly wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
Quote by theogonia777
If any band you like put out a new album in the last 15 years, I can say that there is at least a 90% chance that the producer/engineer used autotune and. I can say with a higher level of certainty that the producer/engineer would have autotne on any of the "classic" albums that you like had the technology been available. And you honestly wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I think you're being conservative.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
I think you're being conservative.

Well it depends what type of music he listens to. If it's jazz with no vocals there probably isn't autotune. If it is old-timey bluegrass recorded with one mic, it's less likely because slightly out of tune vocals are preferred. If it's like AC/DC, I could probably look it up if I knew where to look and with like 99.9% certainty find out that they do use autotune.

Quote by EyeNon15
Idk most top 40 shit is obvious autotune.
People don't naturally sound like robots

There is a distinct difference between using extreme settings for effect and using subtle settings for subtle polishing.
Quote by theogonia777

There is a distinct difference between using extreme settings for effect and using subtle settings for subtle polishing.

If it's doing anything less than correcting an off note then it's overproduction IMO.
Quote by EyeNon15
If it's doing anything less than correcting an off note then it's overproduction IMO.

So if it's doing too little it's doing too much?

Hmmm.....
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
So if it's doing too little it's doing too much?

Hmmm.....

Yeh, kinda like a tambourine
Quote by theogonia777

I'm embarrassed to say I know what you're talking about. Everyone else will now too!!

https://youtu.be/N8F5YSA1Oz0

Sickest beatdrop in the digi-screamo-rap/rock-alternative/emotionally-melodic genre of nothing-a-tude.

...this is a lot different than the album version..
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
Last edited by dPrimmy at Jun 1, 2016,
Quote by dPrimmy
I'm embarrassed to say I know what you're talking about. Everyone else will now too!!

https://youtu.be/N8F5YSA1Oz0

Sickest beatdrop in the digi-screamo-rap/rock-alternative/emotionally-melodic genre of nothing-a-tude.

...this is a lot different than the album version..

Brokencyde actually spawned a meme here a few years ago.

Fog Machine Solo FFFSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHSHSHSHSHFHFHSHHSH
That's where the fog machine thing came from

I must see this video lmao
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
That's where the fog machine thing came from

I must see this video lmao

Not from the video itself I don't think. It was more someone posted a brokencyde song and people proceeded to look them up on wikipedia and one of the members had "fog machine" listed as his role in the band. So that's where it came from if memory serves.
I think it was listed under their instruments specifically. Which is why it was so ridiculous.

edit - looked into it, it was some chump called Antz who was listed as 'fog machine, lights' under what they did.
Last edited by JackalUK at Jun 2, 2016,
So apparently Scarlet and Jon were dating but she broke up with him because she didn't like the music they were making and the hate they were getting. The internal drama is pretty hilarious. Apparently they also share those black and red pants.

https://youtu.be/F581MZhQe9I
I like how the video goes black and white like some shit is about to go down like every 3 seconds.

Didn't watch the whole video but she seems ok, a little childish but whatever
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Page 1 of 3