Hello everyone , i am new here and i want to ask you guys as more experienced to help me out with my new guitar ..
So i am between a Jackson JS32 King V and a YAMAHA RGXDZII , with the little knowledge that i have over guitars , besides the different shape , they both feature a floyd rose double locking tremolo ( i heard that jackson's isn't the original ) and the JS32 has jackson pickups whilst the yamaha has 2 EMG active humbuckers ( BRIDGE- EMG H4A and REAR- EMG H4) ... So can you guys help me out with which one is the best ?
Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day
If you are talking about the RGX 420 DZ II Yamaha, I'd say that's a better guitar than this Jackson, but that shows on the price tag as well. Also King V is more metal, RGX is more rock.
Yes this is the one i am talking about .. The thing is that i have found it with 50 euros difference which is slighty insignificant given the fact that it cost over 300 euros , so do you say the yamaha ?
Thanks for the answer
I'd definitely buy the Yamaha based on the specs. The best would be if you could try both of them out and see how you feel about them.
Well there's a big difference in feel between a V and Superstrat.

The EMGs on the Yamaha are passive, not active.

How about a Jackson Dinky?
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Nah i don't like it but thanks for the answer .. I am pretty sure the emg's are active , at least that's what the shop says
The H4s are not active in any sense of the word. The shop you asked is wrong or misinformed.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
God damn .. Yes you are correct , thank you
I have no idea why it says << with 2 active humbuckers >>
Do you think it is still worth it ?
Thanks for the answer
For me, I would prefer to decide which is better by playing them in person. As much as we can recommend things to you, we aren't you so we don't know exactly what you like.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Well , i understand , i currently own a cheap washburn guitar the same shape as the yamaha and it's pretty comfy . I don't think the v is going to be comfortable because i am kinda fat .. Does it even matter though ? Thanks for the help
Quote by daxtilakias121
Well , i understand , i currently own a cheap washburn guitar the same shape as the yamaha and it's pretty comfy . I don't think the v is going to be comfortable because i am kinda fat .. Does it even matter though ? Thanks for the help

That's really up to you. Any shape can be comfortable and it's all preference at the end of the day.

That being said if you like your washburn you might be more inclined to like the Yamaha cause it is somewhat similar in shape and not a huge change.

So you have a budget, kind of music you play, location, and if you're willing to buy used? We might be able to give you more options if you can tell us that.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Well firstly i am not intrested in buying a used guitar . I have a budget of 400 euros , i live in Greece and i play mostly metal and hard rock . Songs from bands like Avenged Sevenfold , Bullet For My Vallentine , Powerwolf ( powermetal) and generally a lot of metal subgenres .. And that's why i found this yamaha , because in my opinion it's a versatille guitar whilst the jackson is more metal-like . Thanks for your help
Quote by daxtilakias121 at #33990052
Well firstly i am not intrested in buying a used guitar . I have a budget of 400 euros , i live in Greece and i play mostly metal and hard rock . Songs from bands like Avenged Sevenfold , Bullet For My Vallentine , Powerwolf ( powermetal) and generally a lot of metal subgenres .. And that's why i found this yamaha , because in my opinion it's a versatille guitar whilst the jackson is more metal-like . Thanks for your help

Just because a guitar is made for metal doesn't necessarily mean it will only play metal. There are people that prefer these guitars for certain genres but if you personally like something, it doesn't matter what kind of music it is supposed to be for because you can play it with any style etc...

As long as the guitar is comfy and makes you happy, that's the best choice.

I am not from Europe so I don't know the best deals for gear over there but we have a lot of European users and I am sure they will help out soon.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
From what I can tell, the Yamaha RGX usually go for quite a bit over 500 euros, so if you've found one for under 400, it ought to be a good buy.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
the JS jacksons are junk.

haven't tried the other one.

why just those two guitars?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by daxtilakias121

A used guitar will allow you to afford a much better quality instrument for the price of a cheap new one. Although I have no idea what the used market is like in Greece. If you can try hands on a used guitar that is in good cosmetic and mechanical shape and is a higher quality insrtrument it is a definate plus.

If not then buying a budget new guitar is fine too just find the one with the features you want and try to get some hands on experience if you can.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Just those two because i think they are the best for me .. I haven't found any other guitar that appeals to me Thanks for the answer