Recently, I caved and finally bought PositiveGrid's mobile version of the JamUp Pro XT program after hearing some amazing-sounding demos on YouTube. Since there was a huge sale running, I ended up buying the full version with all amps and effects.

However, after getting some play time in, I'm really frustrated with the app. Almost every amp sounds thin, reedy, and very electronic, and none of them have any sustain whatsoever. I've messed with many of the settings, but I still couldn't tease out a solid sound. This is of course a far cry from the videos you see on YouTube, where guys are getting some amazingly full, punchy tones out of this same program. I'm positive that PostiveGrid (ha!) has made an excellent program here, but I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong to have it sound so poor.

I'm running JamUp through an iRig interface, high quality headphones, and a Les Paul, so I can't imagine that the equipment is too great of an issue, especially since I toyed around with the less highly-regarded Amplitude amp and got some great sounds out of it.

Thanks for the help!

-Noah
Last edited by TheAviator1997 at May 30, 2016,
Maybe you need a tube preamp ?
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
Considering that you're getting decent Amplitube sounds, all I can say in this case is that you need to try maybe some of their presets or even talk ot their customer support or hit their forum and see what they'll tell you specifically about that product.