Hey guys, I'm new to the U.G community and I'm turning to you guys for some help! I have a blackout limited edition stratocaster and I want to customize it to make it my ultimate gig guitar. Some people may be against me doing this but I will be attaching a Gk-3 pickup onto it and I'm planning to add automatic tuners to it as well. My issue is that I want to make the head stock black with chrome "Fender Stratocaster" lettering to make it look sick. I've never painted anything before (In a wood shop type sense) and I've been doing some research and looking at other threads for help. As I understand, there must be different precautions I must take with different guitars? If so, can someone please outline them to me, as well as some tips when repainting the head stock. Any extra ideas to make my guitar a more tricked out would be amazing as well!

Thank you all!

Here is the link to the guitar: http://intl.fender.com/en-CA/guitars/stratocaster/limited-edition-american-standard-blackout-stratocaster-ebony-fingerboard-mystic-black/
Last edited by lishanw25 at May 30, 2016,
I honestly don't know what ur talking about, why are u so against it? I was thinking a B.C Rich btw, only the black and gold mocking bird looked reasonably nice. I'm not so sure about the sound though. But can u please tell me why you think my guitar is waste? Is there something that I don't know about? Im very happy with I bought and it is a very special fender, one that is hard to get your hands on. But after all, do u know any cool mods i can add to it?
Probably this section of the forum is dead because it is for beginners. Try reposting in the normal forums when you are able to.
Quote by lishanw25
I honestly don't know what ur talking about, why are u so against it? I was thinking a B.C Rich btw, only the black and gold mocking bird looked reasonably nice. I'm not so sure about the sound though. But can u please tell me why you think my guitar is waste? Is there something that I don't know about? Im very happy with I bought and it is a very special fender, one that is hard to get your hands on. But after all, do u know any cool mods i can add to it?
Dude, I was joking.