Page 1 of 2
I have been to two Catholic funerals in 8 days so life and death is on my mind.

Usually whens someone dies, they'll have a "viewing" or memorial type service for the individual the day before the funeral where the family friends get together and pray for and celebrate the life of the person who passed away. This is usually the time when family and friends stand up and tell memories of the person.

I was thinking during the memorial tonight as memories and kind words were being shared, what do I want my legacy to be? When people are at my funeral, what will they get up and say about me?

So first, how do you want people to remember you? Second, when you leave this world, what will people say about you at your funeral? Are you going to be remember in the way that you want to be remembered?

I think about this kind of stuff occasionally. I actually don't know how I'd like to be remembered.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I want to be remembered not by my words or actions, good or bad. I just want to be remembered as a person who left a good memory or two in their hearts that gives them a smile. A life that just so happened to cross another, be it by fate or happenstance, and left an unforgettable experience knowing one another. A memory that makes them forget the void of emptiness and loneliness one may carry, even if it's just a drop in the bucket.

That and the guy with a huuuuuuuuuge penor lmao.
I don't know. Hopefully positively
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by bradulator

So first, how do you want people to remember you? Second, when you leave this world, what will people say about you at your funeral? Are you going to be remember in the way that you want to be remembered?

To be honest, I don't want to be remembered. I hope at my funeral they say that I went out of my way to truely live.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

not even trying to be a sadboy here but it would be enough to be remembered at all tbh

i could die right now and nobody would give a shit
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
even if you are remembered, everyone who remembers you is going to die
And everyone who remembers them will die
Quote by Banjocal
tbh I don't want to be remembered

in fact if my family waste money on a funeral I'll haunt the fuck out of them. They should donate my body to some trainee surgeons or something and get on with their lives.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by bradulator
Maybe my absence will make others see me more fondly than they ever have. Sad that I would have to lose my life, the most precious thing one could have, in order for others to view me better.

Despite never stealing from anyone, berating anyone, abusing anyone or deliberately aggravating anyone, if 100 people were in a room with me, I do not doubt they would all pay attention to me, but the behavior and words would be negative to varying degrees.

If enemies and critics were barred from attending my funeral then, between family and friends, there might be 10 people. 7 relatives, 3 friends - my entire inner circle. If anyone on UG here were possible, theoretically, to attend I doubt anyone would. And if there were any attendees, it would be just to hurl insults at my corpse.
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Quote by AllJudasPriest
Maybe my absence will make others see me more fondly than they ever have. Sad that I would have to lose my life, the most precious thing one could have, in order for others to view me better.

Despite never stealing from anyone, berating anyone, abusing anyone or deliberately aggravating anyone, if 100 people were in a room with me, I do not doubt they would all pay attention to me, but the behavior and words would be negative to varying degrees.

If enemies and critics were barred from attending my funeral then, between family and friends, there might be 10 people. 7 relatives, 3 friends - my entire inner circle. If anyone on UG here were possible, theoretically, to attend I doubt anyone would. And if there were any attendees, it would be just to hurl insults at my corpse.

Why do you think people dislike you so much?
I don't give a shit if or how I'm remembered or what they do with my carcass when I'm gone.
Quote by TobusRex
I don't give a shit if or how I'm remembered or what they do with my carcass when I'm gone.

Can I call dibs?
If there is a God, it's me.
Ti nisi, ki boš svet zavzel,
in tiho utonil v eno s časom,
razpokan bodeš hrepenel,
razžgan, boleč, s hripavim glasom.

Kot Kras, ko veter še gorak
vžge te borove gozdove,
prežge temo - in tvoj korak
zaman gre mir iskat v mrakove.

Ti nisi, ki jo boš objel,
ko pala noč bo temna nanjo,
ti sanjal boš in hrepenel
in smrt uganila ti bo sanjo.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
damn

you alright tho

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by Weaponized
How morbid!

it turns out theres demand for cockatoo posts by at least one user

that turned out worse than i meant so it's been obloderated
Last edited by slipknot5678 at May 31, 2016,
"He wasn't a dick all the time. Just most of the time. Good riddance, you twat" is probably what will be said if anyone turns up.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
And now a eulogy from Sam B.

*sam walks up to the podium*

*ahem*

"Who???"

The next of kin weeps.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

I really wanna be like my dad, he died when I was young but I still meet people that knew him and just speak so highly of him and they're always really nice/generous with me because of him.

Get told I act like him a lot, but I'm also a really distant person so I doubt I make much of a difference to anybody.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by RAB11

*ahem*

"Who???"

The next of kin weeps.
i'd like to be remembered as a nice person that people were glad to have around
Quote by RAB11

*ahem*

"Who???"

The next of kin weeps.

that is probably what it will say on Sam's gravestone

that's a great topic too UGer's gravestones

Axelfox: I remember when I was alive and such.There were girls in the fandom.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at May 31, 2016,
Vaguely
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Preferably with a 1 billion cubits tall fire breathing statue that also says "Remember me!".
I would like to be remembered as a kind person.

I will probably be remembered as that, but also as a wannabe crazy cat lady who liked reading and took Jeopardy very seriously

Idk what Hindu funerals are like but I don't think they have memorial things like what is described in the OP.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
I would like to be remembered as a kind person.

I will probably be remembered as that, but also as a wannabe crazy cat lady who liked reading and took Jeopardy very seriously

Idk what Hindu funerals are like but I don't think they have memorial things like what is described in the OP.

Will you have a Hindu funeral?
Page 1 of 2