I was wondering if anyone could answer this question. They have a 50's Strat and a 60's Strat , as well as a 70's too I think, but anyway. Can anyone tell me the difference between the 50's and the 60's models. From what I have found they have slightly different pickups, is that all?
Besides the pickups, the main difference is the neck construction. Both have the typical jack-of-all-trades modern C profile with the 9.5" fretboard radius, but the 60s one has the rosewood fretboard and no skunk stripe, whereas the 50s model has a one piece maple neck with a skunk stripe for the truss rod installation.

The Squier VM 70s Strat is a slightly different beast; the pickups are "Duncan designed", so hotter than your average Fender-y single coil, they have the 70s CBS aesthetic of a big headstock with two string trees (not much fun for tremolo users) and the big black logo. Skunk stripe with either choice fretboard wood, black pickups and knobs. The bodies on VM Strats are basswood, I believe, as opposed to the alder of the CV models.

Besides the pickups, the majority of the differences are aesthetic (after all, Fender didn't make any particularly revolutionary changes to the Strat between 1954 and 1980); all the necks have the same profile and modern fretboard radius. Some people might argue that the body wood or fretboard material might make a difference, my view is that it's negligible at best