Page 1 of 2
Not one bit
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Some of these creep me the fuck out. This is literally the only one I could find that wasn't read by some old British guy though. That sometimes kills the effect.
So... Jeff Lynne is still making music.. all is well.

Check out my Ebook!: Yogi Jam!
Quote by JackalUK
Can't be worse than anything we heard off Blode.

Blode? Elaborate plx.

Srry for the double post.

Quote by TobusRex
I like scary stuff in general. Adore good horror movies in particular.

The best.

I tend to find horror stories quite lacking. I think that people confuse terror (something immediate, direct + existentially threatening) with horror, which to my mind is unseen, unknowable and engaging in some form with the sublime. In my view, something truly horrific is also terribly upsetting.

With that in mind, I found Dalton Trumbo's Johnny Got His Gun to be pretty upsetting up until the grand political parts. Stuff like The Library of Babel also.

Then you've got Dark Souls and shit.
The first time I saw "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" I was about 4 or 5 and it scared the shit out of me :P
I hate horror stories I'm just happier with nothing horror in my life
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Man, the more creeped out I can make myself the better. haha.

my favourite creepypasta is probs

A young girl is playing in her bedroom when she hears her mother call to her from the kitchen, so she runs downstairs to meet her mother.

As she's running through the hallway, the door to the cupboard under the stairs opens, and a hand reaches out and pulls her in. It's her mother. She whispers to her child, "Don't go into the kitchen. I heard it too."
Quote by Banjocal
my favourite creepypasta is probs

A young girl is playing in her bedroom when she hears her mother call to her from the kitchen, so she runs downstairs to meet her mother.

As she's running through the hallway, the door to the cupboard under the stairs opens, and a hand reaches out and pulls her in. It's her mother. She whispers to her child, "Don't go into the kitchen. I heard it too."

Holy damn!

I like horror, but I'm too much of a little b to read/watch it

I like some of the stuff on r/nosleep tho
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by Gatecrasher53
I like horror, but I'm too much of a little b to read/watch it

I like some of the stuff on r/nosleep tho

I'm pretty sure every story on this channel mentioned above is narrated from /nosleep. Not much on there though. Hopefully they post more because /nosleep is my fav.

Last edited by BlakeAlan at May 31, 2016,
I enjoy listening to creepy pasta readings sometimes, but to be fair, a lot of them are absolutely ******ed, and/or poorly written.

Song and dance man is a good short story. Edgar allen poe and hp lovecraft have oodles of professionally written creepy short stories.

Every videogame related creepy pasta is pure cringe except the xorax, I think it's called, the rest are "hyper-realistic" garbage.

Honestly there's a pretty big divide from creepy pasta's written by competent writers, and the amateur crowd that rips each other off giving straight fact stories.

If you want a large catalogue of creepy stuff, from medevil torture devices to creepy books, there's a sticky on /x/.
Last edited by stratkat at May 31, 2016,
I love scary stories. Used to read Creepypasta a lot years ago but the recent ones suck nine times out of ten. Now I ask friends to tell me urban legends from their areas.
Last edited by Spinnerweb at May 31, 2016,
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1171721

so many horror threads already

i'm a huge fan of anything horror and halloween (see avi)
i read a lot of stephen king, i'm working on Pet Sematary right now
it's a creepy read...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Spinnerweb
I love scary stories. Used to read Creepypasta a lot years ago but the recent ones suck nine times out of ten. Now I ask friends to tell me urban legends from their areas.

I would love to hear some urban legends I have not heard yet.

Quote by BlakeAlan
I would love to hear some urban legends I have not heard yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_urban_legend

Teketeke is one of my favourites.

And then there's some from my area. I'll do my best to tell them well, but they lose a lot of their flavour when written down and translated.

How about this one?

My mother told me that in her village when she was a kid, a woman went out in the fields in the afternoon even though the people warned her not to because they were a really scared people back then, believing in witches and such, and they'd seen a strange lady in the fields.

Anyway, the woman did go right up to the lady to go through her 'Who are you?' routine when the lady bit her and mauled her.

The villagers went out and dragged her back home but she was barely alive and when they tried to give her water she threw it away. She couldn't drink water at all and soon enough went insane and died writhing in agony and thirst.

I suppose one can infer now that the 'strange lady' had rabies and infected the woman, but the villagers were illiterate so they must have thought she was a demon or something.

And then there's this other one, which sounded great when told but sounds lame when translated:

See, here lots of people believe that you can summon and control demons if you go to a graveyard, draw a protective circle around yourself (demons can't get in) and chant some crap and stay there until dawn when you leave. The demons, once summoned, will do your bidding, but they'll hate you for it and will drive you insane/tear you to pieces the first chance they get.

Once a guy went to the graveyard, drew the circle around himself and began summoning demons. They came, and did their best to scare him out of the circle so they could eviscerate him, but he stayed inside and kept chanting to bring them under his control.

After a while, they said, "He's not coming out, let's kill his mother in front of him instead." They brought his mother to the graveyard, screaming and begging for mercy. The man stepped out to save his mother, but she was just a demon who'd taken on his mother's form, and she leapt and tore his throat out.

So yeah. >.> It sounds better when spoken.
There's this urban legend of a murderer who was on the loose...escaped from prison...slipped on a banana peel in the sewers though and the rats ate him so that's it
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by ElMaco
There's this urban legend of a murderer who was on the loose...escaped from prison...slipped on a banana peel in the sewers though and the rats ate him so that's it

Then the rats donned their suits and ran for President.
So why was the nightmare thread closed??
Also, thanks for sharing those stories!

Quote by viennasunsetb
Mate, I hide behind girls when watching horrors.

Hahahaha. Nice.

Quote by BlakeAlan
So why was the nightmare thread closed??
Also, thanks for sharing those stories!

It probably just got too big. It was continued here and here.
Always dig being scared. This was just posted up this morning on that same channel I've been watching apparently. I don't know what to think about binaural beats, but this did sketch me out a little. Placebo I imagine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBZLTQn-unI

Lol. Well, the images weren't scary, but listening to it made me feel like I should go lock my apartment door. My GF just left for work.

Quote by Banjocal
I tend to find horror stories quite lacking. I think that people confuse terror (something immediate, direct + existentially threatening) with horror, which to my mind is unseen, unknowable and engaging in some form with the sublime.

You pretty much got them backwards. Terror is a sense of fear and axiety of what you know might happen, like being in a dark room when you think there is a big rat somewhere. Horror is the experience when something actually happens, like when you see the rat crawl over your foot. Some add repulsion as separate from horror, which is more just disgust, like finding the rat gored up by a rat trap.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Jun 1, 2016,
Quote by theogonia777
You pretty much got them backwards. Terror is a sense of fear and axiety of what you know might happen, like being in a dark room when you think there is a big rat somewhere. Horror is the experience when something actually happens, like when you see the rat crawl over your foot. Some add repulsion as separate from horror, which is more just disgust, like finding the rat gored up by a rat trap.

Does any of this really matter? lol. Horror here is just referring to a genre. People don't call them terror movies or terror stories.

Last edited by BlakeAlan at Jun 1, 2016,
Quote by BlakeAlan
Does any of this really matter? lol. Horror here is just referring to a genre. People don't call them terror movies or terror stories.

It does matter. Gothic literature makes the distinction big time and many modern authors, such as Stephen King, make the distinction as well. King for example describes it as a hierarchy where terror is the finest but most difficult of the three to pull off, horror is in the middle, and repulsion is fairly low brow and more just cheap shock value.

If you were serious about the horror genre rather than just some casual person, you would absolutely care about the distinction.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Jun 1, 2016,
Quote by theogonia777
I looked up definitions and they were useless

idk I've always associated the word terror with -ism, so maybe that's why I think of it as much more event-focused or smth. Perhaps a false association on my part

I'll do some research I guess
Yeah.. I don't guess I am "serious" about it. I just like creepy shit. This post got very boring very quickly. We are discussing definitions now...

I didn't realize we had horror elitists out there. I guess you find them everywhere.

Sometimes you need to have definitions in order to discuss stuff. Otherwise we could end up having two different conversations with each other.

For example, you don't know what the word "elitist" means, if that post is anything to go by.
I guess pretending you know more about horror because you guys are super serious about it doesn't make you elitists? You just sound like trolls to me. I'm done with this thread now I guess. You guys killed it. At least there were a few cool stories posted. I'm really glad someone out there knows. You guys are super smart. I am so glad this turned into a logic debate.

Clearly if I know the definition of horror and you don't then that's something that I know that you don't. Therefore if our knowledge is otherwise 100%, than knowing that brings me to 101% and therefore I would in fact know more than you. If you want to talk elitism though, have you even seen any German expressionist horror films? Those are obviously the finest films in the horror genre.
Quote by theogonia777
Clearly if I know the definition of horror and you don't then that's something that I know that you don't. Therefore if our knowledge is otherwise 100%, than knowing that brings me to 101% and therefore I would in fact know more than you. If you want to talk elitism though, have you even seen any German expressionist horror films? Those are obviously the finest films in the horror genre.

You mean like phantom of the opera? lol

I'll take old japanese horror flicks over it anyday.

Page 1 of 2