14 58%
siberian tiger
10 42%
chimp v wolf
3 13%
ur mum
8 33%
Voters: 24.
so i saw the jungle book a few weeks ago and there's a bit where shere-khan and baloo fight and it got me thinking, who would win, a tiger or a bear?

what do you guys think

for the sake of the argument we will use siberian tigers (despite shere khan being a bengal tiger), and we will use grizzly bears despite baloo being a sloth bear
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Idris Elba is way fitter than Bill Murray sorry
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Probably the flippy fast cat would beat the guy that slaps fish out of a river

I also know basically nothing about these animals

Picked every option cause I could
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

The fight would not happen. The bear would just sit there like a boss, eating honey and being a bear while the tiger is driven to extinction because the Chinese want to get their willies hard.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at May 31, 2016,
Feels like they'd be about equal in strength

But I don't know and I doubt anyone here really knows and even if they claim they know I won't believe them
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by ultimate-slash
The fight would not happen. The bear would just sit there like a boss, eating honey and being a bear while the tiger is driven to extension because the Chinese want to get their willies hard.

driven to extension, just like their dongs
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by ultimate-slash
The fight would not happen. The bear would just sit there like a boss, eating honey and being a bear while the tiger is driven to extinction because the Chinese want to get their willies hard.

hey i love bears too but please can we be nice to tigers?
any fight involving any animal and a feline of similar size and weight will be won by the feline.

No question

EDIT: To illustrate my point, what would you rather fight against, a feral street cat or a bear of the same size as the cat?
Last edited by flexiblemile at May 31, 2016,
They observed this with lions - the bear wins almost every time. They're strong enough that their weight is enough to restrain and kill the lion. Cheetahs won't have an advantage when their speed is only relevant to a chase. They tried this in California during the gold rush era. Sometimes the lion would jump on the bear's back but
Quote by Banjocal
They observed this with lions - the bear wins almost every time. They're strong enough that their weight is enough to restrain and kill the lion. Cheetahs won't have an advantage when their speed is only relevant to a chase. They tried this in California during the gold rush era. Sometimes the lion would jump on the bear's back but

As opposed to his front but?
Quote by flexiblemile at #33991086
any fight involving any animal and a feline of similar size and weight will be won by the feline.

No question

I guess I shouldn't ask this question but
what if it's under the sea against some freaky tentacle ctulhu octopus fish monster
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
more importantly: eagle v shark?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Banjocal

I want a source cause this is a not so fun fun fact, and pretty interesting
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by flexiblemile

No question

EDIT: To illustrate my point, what would you rather fight against, a feral street cat or a bear of the same size as the cat?

A bull kicks a lions ass
Quote by EyeNon15
A bull kicks a lions ass

a bull is about 5-10 times the weight of a lion.
Quote by flexiblemile
a bull is about 5-10 times the weight of a lion.

Based only on having seen a couple of bulls and a couple lions in my time, I call bullshit.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I want a source cause this is a not so fun fun fact, and pretty interesting
I take it back because though they did do bear vs lion fights, it seem that QI needs to sort its shit out and it's actually around 60:40 to the lions

but a cheetah would probably get the shit kicked outta it. Doesn't have the power of a lion
Wiki says bulls max at about 1000kg and lions at 250kg
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by RAB11
Based only on having seen a couple of bulls and a couple lions in my time, I call bullshit.

from wikipedia:

Adult bulls may weigh between 500 and 1,000 kilograms (1,100 and 2,200 lb). Most are capable of aggressive behavior and require careful handling to ensure safety of humans and other animals.

The size of adult lions varies across their range with those from the southern African populations in Zimbabwe, the Kalahari and Kruger Park averaging around 189.6 kg (418 lb) and 126.9 kg (280 lb) in males and females respectively compared to 174.9 kg (386 lb) and 119.5 kg (263 lb) of male and female lions from East Africa.[56]
Not a single mention of bulls or lions in op and now thread's about their weigh

What next, Hitler???
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by ElMaco
I guess I shouldn't ask this question but
what if it's under the sea against some freaky tentacle ctulhu octopus fish monster

Does the cat get a grace period to learn how to properly operate an aqualung?
Quote by flexiblemile at #33991157
Does the cat get a grace period to learn how to properly operate an aqualung?

I don't see a reason why not
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by ElMaco
I don't see a reason why not

so yeah, cat.

You might say "oh the cat is going to panic under water and he'll freak out, cats hate water." You're absolutely correct. Did you ever try to give a cat a bath? If you toss a cat underwater, even bitesize cthulu demonfishtopus isn't getting out of there in one piece.
Quote by flexiblemile
so yeah, cat.

You might say "oh the cat is going to panic under water and he'll freak out, cats hate water." You're absolutely correct. Did you ever try to give a cat a bath? If you toss a cat underwater, even bitesize cthulu demonfishtopus isn't getting out of there in one piece.

Tigers like swimming tho
Search the 1933 tarzan movie King of the Jungle for the real lion vs bull fight.
Bull wins handily but they were in a small room, I think the lion probably would have done better in an open space.
There's also lion vs tiger footage
Last edited by EyeNon15 at May 31, 2016,
Quote by ultimate-slash
Tigers like swimming tho

That's true. Tiger vs great white shark, then?

Maybe they got into it once and it was such a close call that they developped mutual respect, hate fucked and that's where the tiger shark comes from
The bear would win hands down.

Average Male Grizzly: 400–790 lb (if we're talking Kodiaks then 660 to 1,320 is the average)

Average Male Siberian Tiger: 397 to 675 lb
siberian tigers usually win against bears in the wild

bears in siberia are even afraid of tigers and avoid them

Quote by badfish_lewis

Average Male Grizzly: 400–790 lb (if we're talking Kodiaks then 660 to 1,320 is the average)

kodiaks are not grizzlies though two different subspecies

that being said weight doesn't really mean too much with completely different animals especially when talking 100 lbs absolute and only really like a 15% difference

weight might be more relevant if we were talking the same species and subspecies
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by badfish_lewis

there's a whole tonne of overlap, i don't see how you could call that a sure thing even if you are basing it solely on weight
Quote by EyeNon15
A bear can stand on two legs with ease, big leverage advantage there.

two legs is less stable than four and means more height and less base contact

therefore easier to knock down
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
two legs is less stable than four and means more height and less base contact

therefore easier to knock down

Nah leverage is a lot more important than you are willing to admit.
if he was on four legs he wouldn't have been kicked in the junk duh