Page 1 of 2
Witnessed a fight last night between two guys on my crew. A disagreement turned physical, both guys got a couple shots in but it was over pretty quick like most fights.

So who has had to fight before? How'd you handle yourself?
I'm not a barbarian so I don't get into fights.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Never a proper fight. I've gotten into a few shoving matches though.
i've told my fight stories a few times in other threads, but i've only been in a few situations, so i'll make it brief:

the first one was a bus fight in elementary school. This kid was wearing snow gloves and slapped me in the face, so I hit him back.
I had a few in middleschool, one was in woodshop/tech class. We were cutting our slabs at the bandsaw, and this idot behind me kept poking me in the ass with his stick, so I turned around and kicked him the nuts lol

similar thing happened in gym class in the 7th grade. That was a bad year, because I also knocked out a bully on my school bus on the way back home, but he didn't rat me out to the bus driver or anyone, because he started it.

I've never been suspended for anything, because I was never the one to start the fights, but I did get saturday detention all of those times.

I'm proud to say that I haven't been in a fight or gotten in trouble for anything in like 10 years
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at May 31, 2016,
Yeh I was so badass
I was all like "take that! and that! and one of these!"
Kaploweeeee!!!!!
Then after I beat up that group of MMA fighters, everybody gave me high 5s.
Then there was a group of rappers that were so impressed they asked me to join their posse but I was like nah I'm a one man wrecking crew.
Yeah a few times. Wouldn't recommend it.

I'd say its tough to know how to handle yourself if you have no training or whatever.

Also not knowing what the other guy can do is risky.
the wicked flee when no man pursueth but the righteous are as bold as a lion
I spent some time as a bar-back in the hours after the ******* closed. Those were some....odd...nights.

I learned quite a bit in those times.

*You can't tell a drunk what to do.
*If someone's nose is bleeding, don't point it out to them.
*Avoid the restrooms after the ******* closes
*Don't talk to womenfolk. If they're there after hours, some drunk think they've laid claim.

As far as physical altercations go - usually it was just heightened emotions and expression of dominance. If 2 people wanted to go, you start moving them outside. It's senseless to try to stop them from beating the piss out of one another. If it was just a rowdy patron or some guy who didn't understand why the bottle doesn't leave the establishment - allow him to make the first move, expose his insides, take him to the ground and keep him there until he calms down. They usually don't try more than 2x and after explaining that it'll happen again if they do it again..and ladies don't like watching their man get dominated - they usually stopped.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
Nope. I've really wanted to punch some people before, but nothing has ever resulting in any physical altercation.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Not since I was like 8 or some shit. I legitimately don't understand why people even want to get into fights since I've never seen one be over something a fight would solve that not being a jackass wouldn't.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Had a number of shoving matches and minor skirmishes at school. Only one proper fight, against 3 midgets who were a few years below me (a group of them had been annoying me and my friends for ages and they started a few fights).

The odds were against me, but I easily fought them off because they were midgets. And then when I walked off with someone an extra midget appeared and was like "you starting mate? COME ON THEN!" and we just ignored him

The midgets all got detentions and I didn't because they started it. Good stuff.

Bonus story: Another one of this particular group of midgets started a shoving match with one of my friends at a later date. And even though it was just a bit of shoving, this kid was legit crying when a dinner lady came along to break it up.
I have nothing important to say
Last edited by JackSaints at May 31, 2016,
More than I care to remember. A few were youthful indiscretions, a few were more serious.

The only good that ever come of them was that I survived.

Fighting sucks, do not recommend.

I also fought professionally for 3 years. Won more than I lost but wasn't good enough to make any real money at it. Any similarity between sanctioned matches and street fights are mostly imaginary...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
More than I care to remember. A few were youthful indiscretions, a few were more serious.

The only good that ever come of them was that I survived.

Fighting sucks, do not recommend.

I also fought professionally for 3 years. Won more than I lost but wasn't good enough to make any real money at it. Any similarity between sanctioned matches and street fights are mostly imaginary...

Yes good comment

The ones I've had were serious as well, and could've turned out very badly.

Anything that can be done to avoid should be.
the wicked flee when no man pursueth but the righteous are as bold as a lion
Yeah agreed, definitely avoid if possible. Years ago on deployment, I was involved in one.
I was weighed down, surprised and underestimated my opponent badly. Was lucky to come out of that one.
I initiated a fight once but it was pretty unfair since I caught the guy off guard and with his dick hanging out. I punched him in the face a bit and on the last punch he fell to the ground.
No. I respect the hell out of fighters, however, I need my intellectual ability to create. Getting my skull smashed would stop my Current Economic Output. If an angry fighter were to bash my brains in... it would only be hurting The Future... I don't fear death *that* much I mean... it might suck. Oh well... I want nothing from This Earth except life support... I plan to spend all of my money (not donate) and just help out other fellow workers earn a living.
Last edited by Lateralus32 at May 31, 2016,
Fights are for people who are too dumb to have self worth and/or can't solve things with words.

fight me.
Once when I was a kid me and a group of friends broke into the storage unit place in our neighborhood and got a bunch of stuff.
The next day we were hanging out at my friends house which was directly around the corner from the storage place.
There were 5 of us there, 4 of us were inside and one outside.
The guy outside was wearing an Avirex jacket that he had stolen.
So another guy is riding by and he sees his my friend wearing his jacket.
He gets out and confronts him, and they start fighting right there on the street. By that time we heard the ruckus outside.
Everyone (other than me) jumps on the guy and attacked him.
After they get the guy on the ground and swarm him I go over there and kick him a couple of times just so I could say I has their back.
Yep
Was slightly drunk and someone was trying to burn a dog with a lit cigarette and I lost my shit and ended up getting the shit kicked out of me.
Nothing broken or seriously damaged, a few cuts and bruises though
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I have punched and been punched a lot (9 times out of 10 it involved my older brother), but I don't think anything I've been in can be considered an actual fight.

Usually when people would try to start a fight with me, I'd act so insane that they would just kinda give up. When I was 9 I chased this guy who was trying to pick on my brother with a 4m long branch that had fallen from a tree. I couldn't actually lift the thing, so it just dragged behind me, but the sight of this tiny kid with a massive branch was enough to get the guy to back off
Quote by Pastafarian96
Yep
Was slightly drunk and someone was trying to burn a dog with a lit cigarette and I lost my shit and ended up getting the shit kicked out of me.
Nothing broken or seriously damaged, a few cuts and bruises though

Unfortunate ending but kudos to you for stepping up. Most people are too cowardly to try to stop things like that.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by k.lainad

I'm proud to say that I haven't been in a fight or gotten in trouble for anything in like 10 years

this is hilarious
Quote by ultimate-slash
I have punched and been punched a lot (9 times out of 10 it involved my older brother), but I don't think anything I've been in can be considered an actual fight.

Usually when people would try to start a fight with me, I'd act so insane that they would just kinda give up. When I was 9 I chased this guy who was trying to pick on my brother with a 4m long branch that had fallen from a tree. I couldn't actually lift the thing, so it just dragged behind me, but the sight of this tiny kid with a massive branch was enough to get the guy to back off

Yeah if someone tries to start shit you should just drop your pants and start jacking off, it's seriously the best deterrent.
Quote by ultimate-slash

This. I've had punches thrown at me and/or thrown punches probably about 20 times. (not counting organized sport) But it's usually a few punches and it's all over. Most of those were with my older brother.
Si
Quote by 20Tigers
This. I've had punches thrown at me and/or thrown punches probably about 20 times. (not counting organized sport) But it's usually a few punches and it's all over. Most of those were with my older brother.

TBH, I tend to think those don't count unless you're late teens or older.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1546454

Besides some light sparring, flipping this one guy (now a surgeon) that wouldn't let go of a standing choke from behind, and getting punched a few times whilst defusing some group things with some help from friends, never.

There was this time though where I was engaged in something I'd call 'both fight and flight' at the same time though, that involved my friends about to jump out of my truck and some wannabe thugs at a party in the ghetto that were armed, but ehhh, I'm too soft to engage or stoke fires in random physical fights
Yeah late teens and older.

He's a hothead when he's been drinking. When he was late teens he used to come home with swollen cut up knuckles because he would get into fights and he would fuck his hands up from punching some dude's face in repeatedly. He rarely had any damage to his own face though.

When I got into a fight with him I had to get the upper hand quickly try to tie him up and wait for him to calm down. If he the advantage he would be ruthless and things would get messy. Luckily I was pretty good at tying him up.

He's calmed down a lot since then. The last fight we had I was 32 he was 33. He had a go at my little brother (my little brother is a stick. He's 6'1 and weighs maybe 67kg). So I had to try to settle things down. He had already hit my little brother and was worked up so I grabbed him and tried to tie him up. We wrestled and threw body shots back and forth when there was an opening. He got free and headbutted me so I stepped back and threw a right hook that landed. It knocked him off balance and he tripped and went down. By this time my mother had gotten between us and I must have rocked him because he retreated which is unusual. He went outside and was pacing up and down. We were both pretty agitated after that. It sucked. We didn't speak much or about a week then he came and apologized.

He's not a bad dude - except sometimes when he's been drinking (and not everytime he's been drinking - but occasionally)
Si
Quote by slapsymcdougal
This one time in Reno, I wanted to watch a man die, so I shot him.

Shame on you you know your mama always told you "don't ever play with guns"

I bet she's proud of you now
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Just a week ago I was given a gash on my head, still hurts. People called the cops over my injury though I told them not too, I can't remember any of it. No one was arrested anyway.

I don't normally start the fights, but I can say for sure I lose most of them, as I only recall half of them.

I've found I bleed easy and get knocked out when anyone that knows how to throw a punch correctly connects with my nose/jaw, so naturally I avoid fights at all costs, but I get into like 2 a year some how.
Last edited by stratkat at Jun 1, 2016,
I grew up in a pretty gritty place and was taught to fight from an early age lol on top of that I box.

My first fight was pretty stupid, as most are. I was on the bus and the kid I was sitting with, who was much older than me, decided it was funny to squish me into the window on the bus. I'm fairly claustrophobic so I was panicking and asked him to get the heck off me like 3 times. When he didn't I bit him lmao. He got mad and tried punching me right in the nuts. So I stood up and hit him in the eye, which was a mistake because he punched me in the nose and it started bleeding really bad and I got kicked off the bus...

I don't street fight much. I've been in maybe 5, and they were so stupid that I can't remember them. I'm not very violent, but when I'm pushed over the edge I cant really help but become violent lmao the edge is pretty far out there though.

As for my boxing career, I'm currently 1-1 because of a short notice fight and a huge lack of training ;( I ended up quitting my new job to train full time because I don't want to have to go through that again haha
Quote by slapsymcdougal
TBH, I tend to think those don't count unless you're late teens or older.

You should have seen me with my brother when we were around 9-10 (me) and 12-13 (him). I was a vicious little shit.

To give you an impression:
He has a false front tooth
He has a weird twist in his lower arm which implies that at some point it did get fractured in some way but wasn't looked after properly
I had to have my balls examined by a doctor once... ()
My left eye is more sensitive than my right eye
A tiny bit of bone was chipped on the right side of my chin and from my nasal bone

And to think we were normally still the best of friends.
Quote by Pugilism at #33993337
I grew up in a pretty gritty place and was taught to fight from an early age lol on top of that I box.

My first fight was pretty stupid, as most are. I was on the bus and the kid I was sitting with, who was much older than me, decided it was funny to squish me into the window on the bus. I'm fairly claustrophobic so I was panicking and asked him to get the heck off me like 3 times. When he didn't I bit him lmao. He got mad and tried punching me right in the nuts. So I stood up and hit him in the eye, which was a mistake because he punched me in the nose and it started bleeding really bad and I got kicked off the bus...

I don't street fight much. I've been in maybe 5, and they were so stupid that I can't remember them. I'm not very violent, but when I'm pushed over the edge I cant really help but become violent lmao the edge is pretty far out there though.

As for my boxing career, I'm currently 1-1 because of a short notice fight and a huge lack of training ;( I ended up quitting my new job to train full time because I don't want to have to go through that again haha

I'd fight you just for typing the way you do.
Free Ali
Several..

About a third, I kicked their asses, another third were pretty much even, and a third, I got my ass kicked.
Quote by chrismendiola
I'd fight you just for typing the way you do.

Mon den
Page 1 of 2