Hello All,

I have both component effects pedals on a pedal board, & one multi effects pedal. I would like to use both at the same time. Have any of you ever done this? If so, what is the best way to connect them, i.e. multi effects output to pedal board input, or vise versa?

Thanks,

ibdsos
The most ideal in my opinion is to use "component" effects (you mean standalone units, right?) into the main input of the amp. These can be overdrive, compression, distortion, pitch effects, but I suggest not to use delay or reverb in the main input.

Then use the multi effects unit in the effects loop of the amp, set to perform delay, reverb, etc. I suggest not to use a multi effects' overdrive or distortion as it often does not sound as good as standalone units.
Quote by Will Lane
The most ideal in my opinion is to use "component" effects (you mean standalone units, right?) into the main input of the amp. These can be overdrive, compression, distortion, pitch effects, but I suggest not to use delay or reverb in the main input.

Then use the multi effects unit in the effects loop of the amp, set to perform delay, reverb, etc. I suggest not to use a multi effects' overdrive or distortion as it often does not sound as good as standalone units.

Thanks Will Lane. Yes, by "component" effects" I mean standalone units. Sounds like good advice. One other issue is that I mean to connect a Resident Audio T2 as an interface to record into Garageband. I'll have to figure out if using the multi effects unit in the effects loop of the amp will tie into the T2. I know it will if I connect the multi effects in series with the pedal board. Do you have any guidance on that?