When i got my 7 string i decided to get .10 lights since i wanted to keep a balance between floppy vs rugged because i love shredding. However i noticed that it is hard to do whole tone bends without accidentally digging my finger into the string above it and the string slipping out of my grip.

The scale i use is 26.5, and i want to get peoples opinions on switching, so i can come to a compromise about things like floppy b strings vs easier bends and etc
Honestly, without wanting to take a shot at your technique, that sounds like something you need to practice rather than something lighter strings would solve. It might make it easier, but if you're dropping the string it doesn't sound like you're bending right.
yeah it sounds more like a technique issue.

But there is no reason not to buy a set of 9's and see if you like the feel of them better different string brands will also feel different even if they are the same gauge.

I use a variety of string gauges on my guitars. My PRS has 9-42, G&L has 10-46, Epi has 10-52 and my Ibanez 11-48. Those are just the gauges I prefer on those guitars and all but the Epi say in E standard/drop D and the Epi does E standard to drop C (but mostly E standard)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It is a baritone though. Throw some 9's on it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard

+1
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Cathbard

I play a set of .64 through .11 on my 26.5 scale 7 string tuning to Bb, and I get told all the time that's way too heavy. String gauge/tension is all preference - it's why some guys play .9s in standard, and jazz players used .12s.

As far as the problem you're having, that's all technique, not string gauge. Thicker strings will give you more tension and make it harder to bend, but once you get enough finger strength to bend them you're going to run into the same issue. Just woodshed, man. Not the most 'fun' answer, but it's the right one 90% of the time.

“We’re built of contradictions, all of us. It’s those opposing forces that give us strength, like an arch, each block pressing the next. Give me a man whose parts are all aligned in agreement and I’ll show you madness. We walk a narrow path, insanity to each side. A man without contradictions to balance him will soon veer off.”

silentfall.bandcamp.com
Quote by Cathbard

that's what i'd have thought, though i've never tried one. I know fender versus gibson scale length is noticeable when it comes to tension, so I'm guessing the 26.5" scale length would be too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Cathbard

I missed that part, yeah try 9's
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Dave_Mc
that's what i'd have thought, though i've never tried one. I know fender versus gibson scale length is noticeable when it comes to tension, so I'm guessing the 26.5" scale length would be too.

Yeah, they do. I recently discovered that baritones make great slide guitars because of the extra tension. My Schecter C7 has a 26.5" scale and it's a great slide guitar.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I've got 13-56 on my 30" bari, tuned to open D for slide. Very tight, it sounds good, but I feel like I should be wearing safety glasses when I tune it. In general, I think that longer scales and high string tensions are the way to go for slide, but you risk structural damage trying it on an acoustic.
Quote by Tony Done
I've got 13-56 on my 30" bari, tuned to open D for slide. Very tight, it sounds good, but I feel like I should be wearing safety glasses when I tune it. In general, I think that longer scales and high string tensions are the way to go for slide, but you risk structural damage trying it on an acoustic.
You need to try a baritone 7 string tune to open A. Friggin awesome for slide.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Yeah, they do. I recently discovered that baritones make great slide guitars because of the extra tension. My Schecter C7 has a 26.5" scale and it's a great slide guitar.

lol nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?