Like the title states, I was playing the other day and heard a radio station coming through my amp. Anyone know how this is happening and what a fix for it is? thanks.
Well we need more details than that. Are you plugging directly into the amp or using a wireless system? Does it happen only with certain guitars? Do you play a lot of guitars with single coils? Are you guitars properly shielded?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
No wireless, do have a number of pedals that I plug into and I'm assuming my PRS is properly shielded. No single coils. I didn't have time to plug into other units to see if the same happened with other amps in the house. I'll check on all those next time I have a chance to plug in.
It happens.

On a positive note, if you're like most of us, that's the best it will ever sound...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by grim1
No wireless, do have a number of pedals that I plug into and I'm assuming my PRS is properly shielded. No single coils. I didn't have time to plug into other units to see if the same happened with other amps in the house. I'll check on all those next time I have a chance to plug in.

It could be cables, could be a tower is near your place so you'll pick them up on occasion? Has this always been an issue or is it a recent thing? Do you notice the issue when you're plugged straight into your amps or just when your board is plugged in or both?

When you plug your guitar in and turn the volume on your guitar down all the way, do you still pick up radio signals?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
This is the first I've noticed since I've been messing around with my Fender Blues Jr lately. Regarding the guitar volume, I was able to hear it with my guitar volume at 0.

Arby911, you are right, the tone was fantastic while I was playing.

Maybe i'll just record it and do some of the Pink Floyd stuff over top of it
It's a real Spinal Tap moment. You remind me of a time back in the late 70's when I was in my first full time lounge band where we played five nights a week (the good old days). I had a Gibson ES-330 and an Acoustic amp. For whatever reason, anytime an ambulance or a police car passed the club their radios came through my amp really loud. It never happened anywhere else but it happened almost nightly. I never discovered how to stop it but as I said it never happened anywhere else. Good luck with this issue and thanks for triggering a memory.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.