Long story short i'm really a big fan of ibanez, I love the HSH les paul / strat mix, But i absolutely hate floyd roses.

Mainly because of the setup required, And i like changing tunings a lot.

Can you throw a slab of wood in the back and just use the fine tuners? Thanks

I know how to block off a fender style strat. Is it the same way?
Last edited by agentcocopuff at Jun 3, 2016,
Of course you can.
I know how to block off a fender style strat. Is it the same way?

Yup.

May want to put a block in front of and behind the trem block to stop the bridge from moving both directions though.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 3, 2016,
Yeah i looked it up and its a thing you screw in the middle and theres a hex piece right?
Thanks btw. I was about to completely ignore floyd roses because it this :v)
I can understand if you like HSH setups and appreciate that they aren't really a thing on fixed bridges, which is unfortunate. But it's a huge waste of money to buy a guitar with a Floyd that you'll never use.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I can understand if you like HSH setups and appreciate that they aren't really a thing on fixed bridges, which is unfortunate. But it's a huge waste of money to buy a guitar with a Floyd that you'll never use.

If the setup he wants can only be acquired with a FR, it's hardly a waste of money.

I don't use every function on my TV but I don't feel like I got screwed because of it.

I'm not sure I see your reasoning here?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
If I hated Floyds but I had to buy one just because I wanted a middle single coil, I'd feel pretty cheated out of my money. Seems a shame when so many important aspects of the guitar in terms of overall feel, features, tone and ease of setup have to be tailored (and quite often compromised) around such a system to make it work just to never use it.

But that's just me.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by agentcocopuff
Yeah i looked it up and its a thing you screw in the middle and theres a hex piece right?
Thanks btw. I was about to completely ignore floyd roses because it this :v)

Expensive option is the tremol-no, which gives you a bunch of flexibility but isn't much use if you aren't ever planning on using the Floyd. The cheap option is a basic tremolo stopper (or just a couple blocks of wood, but that's harder to set up at first), which looks like this:

You take out the middle spring, screw that in, adjust the allen key screw to block the trem when it's parallel to the body, adjust the nut to hold it in place, then put in springs either side of it and, if necessary, tighten them so the trem won't move when you use lower tunings.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
If I hated Floyds but I had to buy one just because I wanted a middle single coil, I'd feel pretty cheated out of my money. Seems a shame when so many important aspects of the guitar in terms of overall feel, features, tone and ease of setup have to be tailored (and quite often compromised) around such a system to make it work just to never use it.

But that's just me.

I've just never understood the "if you have it and don't use it you are getting cheated" mentality.

I've got several things that have far more capabilities than I will ever use, but I don't feel bad about them because they also have the capabilities that are important to me.

Do you also get offended by all the functions in Excel that you never use?
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911

Can you honestly say you don't think they charge too fucking much for Microsoft Office?
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Can you honestly say you don't think they charge too fucking much for Microsoft Office?

I get it through a corporate program for $19, so I'm ok with it.

We use Office 365 Business at work, which is $8.25/mo. per user and absolutely worth it.

See, they cheat you and pass the savings on to me!

I'm ok with that...
Charles Darwin
I've got tons of HSH guitars without Floyds. Why are you having a problem finding them?
One source is Carvin/Kiesel...
Quote by Arby911
I've just never understood the "if you have it and don't use it you are getting cheated" mentality.

I've got several things that have far more capabilities than I will ever use, but I don't feel bad about them because they also have the capabilities that are important to me.

Of course you can understand. There do exist situations where you end up getting cheated into paying a significant amount for things you don't want, need or ask for. Take the miss-selling of PPI when taking out a loan for example.

If you didn't think I was an adbot before this post, you do now.

but in all fairness, given your frail age, I wouldn't completely rule out the need to use it. But that's beside the point

I wouldn't say offended, just monumentally pissed off that I can never find what I need in the toolbars because they're all cluttered up with functions that are useless to anyone that isn't an utter dweep.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

I wouldn't say offended, just monumentally pissed off that I can never find what I need in the toolbars because they're all cluttered up with functions that are useless to anyone that isn't an utter dweep.

And/or functions that are so buried in menus so deep that it's difficult to remember where they are without referring to a thousand-page book that Excel doesn't provide. Most folks use less than 5% of what's available in Excel. Or Word.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Sorry for Necro but does anyone else have a problem that when the tremolo is blocked with coins very tight it still somehow moves when bending or pressing the arm
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Apple just made Pages, Numbers and Keynote free apps. And I've been running OpenOffice on nearly everything anyway. So yes, I think they charge too much for MS Office. OTOH, I can't remember ever having paid full price for a copy...