Page 1 of 3
I have to use it for my job, fuck that website so bad.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Used to have it, then deleted my account after my old work in all its cringeyness kept asking me to like every damn thing about its cringe.

I never used it anyways.
Thhhpppppppp!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

i have no idea what that site even does

i've heard it's just a social media for professionals, but idk what that even means
Check out my band Disturbed
I like to imagine it being a place where white collar criminals conduct scams and such, cuz ya know the real feds are just watching Facebook all day
Its great for job searching relative to your skillset, otherwise useless.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by StewieSwan
i have no idea what that site even does

i've heard it's just a social media for professionals, but idk what that even means

They share dopey corporate motivational quotes and pictures. It is useful for two things: contacting people in your target industry for informational interviews or such, and looking at job postings.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Sooo.... from the other camp.

Have it, use it regularly by choice. While I don't use the "social" aspects to it - I find it helps me stay ahead in picking direction and track for work projects. When you know what and when jobs are becoming available down the pipe, you're able to acquire the skill sets so you have it before you need it.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
Quote by ErikLensherr
They share dopey corporate motivational quotes and pictures. It is useful for two things: contacting people in your target industry for informational interviews or such, and looking at job postings.

people brag about their work achievements on linkedin similar to their skiing holidays on facebook

also like and share condescending photos of downs syndrome people doing a normal every day job and being like EXCEPTIONAL JOB DONE BY A VERY SPECIAL YOUNG GENTLEMAN JAMES HERE
ITT: People whose entire career thus far consists of "Would you like fries with that?" complaining about a social media site for professionals...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
ITT: People whose entire career thus far consists of "Would you like fries with that?" complaining about a social media site for professionals...

Quote by Arby911

I do get a lot of notifications from people who add things like "Serving Fries" as a new skill.
I should probably be more selective about who I add as a connection
Quote by dPrimmy
Sooo.... from the other camp.

Have it, use it regularly by choice. While I don't use the "social" aspects to it - I find it helps me stay ahead in picking direction and track for work projects. When you know what and when jobs are becoming available down the pipe, you're able to acquire the skill sets so you have it before you need it.

Yup this is spot on.

I don't go on often but it usually yields something of interest/benefit when I do.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

I use it everyday and find it fantastic. It's how I landed my current position, I get job offers almost weekly so it's a great comfort knowing if something ever happened I would be able to land another career position quite easily.

You get of it what you put into it. I had it for a few years and did nothing with it, maybe had 50 connections. Once I started putting effort into it I found it pays dividends. Again, if you don't do anything with it, it won't help you.
lmao I shat on that site saying how useless it is but then got a lot of traction toward my current job through it.

My LinkedIn is hella flush now

Quote by EndTheRapture51
people brag about their work achievements on linkedin similar to their skiing holidays on facebook
lol do you not know how to have a career or something?

Quote by Arby911
ETR's Skills & Endorsements section:

Top Skills:
Insufferable little manlet: 50 endorsements
Creating vBulletin threads: 6 endorsements
Getting into fights with Ali: 104 endorsements

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jun 3, 2016,
Quote by Arby911

brb endorsing you for Alzheimer's
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by ErikLensherr
brb endorsing you for Alzheimer's

Alzheimer's is just ADD for old people.

Remember that one time that......uhh... I forgot, want to complain about shoes again?
I don't have one, but everyone in my department does and they get loads of job offers through it. I am happy where I'm at so I don't really need it right now. Maybe I will make one in December if there are indications that I won't get a fixed contract.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Really should set one of those up...

it's a pretty useful tool for keeping potential clients WELL away from your Facebook, lest they learn what kind of person you are
i agree, it's just like facebook all over again where people add you after talking to you for five minutes at a party/gathering, but now people are pretending to be mature

but, recruiters look for candidates through it all the time
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at Jun 3, 2016,
i agree

no need for one, like ever
unless i was a CEO of some sort
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
i agree

no need for one, like ever
unless i was a CEO of some sort
uh...shouldn't it be the other way around? CEOs are already high profile.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I've heard of LinkedIn. I was unsure what it was about since this thread. The receiving job offers is kinda fascinating. If I knew this fact precedently, I would of signed up. I'm at a satisfactory job so it's not essential to me for right now.
-BUBBA-
Quote by Xiaoxi
lmao I shat on that site saying how useless it is but then got a lot of traction toward my current job through it.

My LinkedIn is hella flush now

lol do you not know how to have a career or something?

ETR's Skills & Endorsements section:

Top Skills:
Insufferable little manlet: 50 endorsements
Creating vBulletin threads: 6 endorsements
Getting into fights with Ali: 104 endorsements

I have a career dude

You should check out my number of endorsements for organic chemistry

Just because I have something doesn't meant I can't think it's absolutely lame
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I have a career dude

Don't get me wrong, I'm not active on the site cept to update my shit and do some easy endorsement/reconnect things to be kept in certain people's mind every once in a while.

But you can't fault anybody on there for bragging about their work achievements. That's what you're supposed to do, in order to maintain/raise your candidacy profile. It's not done out of sheer vanity, there is a very real and tangible component to doing so.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I have a career dude

You have a career? What do you make, 35-40k annually?

That's not a career, that's fast food with a degree...
Charles Darwin
yeah

i'm well aware of that

still think its lame

ive got a girl on there i know whos literally posting her marks for every bit of coursework she's got back and updating everyone on every step of her graduate job hunt

probably does an amazing job in raising her profile

seems narcissistic and lame as fuck to me

most activity on the place seems to be from recruiting agents

and everyone hates recruitment agents
Quote by Arby911

if i had you on linked in id give you an endorsement for being a fucking cunt
Well, granted, there's a fine line between sharing self promotion that's actually useful and blasting info that no one cares about. Just because she shares everything doesn't mean it's effective.

I don't even look at the social feed on linkedin lol

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by EndTheRapture51
if i had you on linked in id give you an endorsement for being a fucking cunt

You might have to wait, there's a queue...
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911

Wages in Europe are structured different than those in the US though. We earn less but also pay less in life.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by EndTheRapture51

ive got a girl on there i know whos literally posting her marks for every bit of coursework she's got back and updating everyone on every step of her graduate job hunt

probably does an amazing job in raising her profile

seems narcissistic and lame as fuck to me

I feel pretty similarly about this - and unfortunately, while interviewing I realized I had to practice this exercise in masturbation anyways.

I've been on both sides of the interview desk in the past year. When I'm grilling someone, I want to know what they've done to contribute to the org and what their role in the project they're claiming was. While on the opposite side, I was answering the same question.

Just like wearing the penguin-suit to interviews...its...explaining in a limited vocabulary what you do as part of the dog and pony show.

My job description presently could read - I make fix & spam inter-company inboxes with excel spreadsheets.

or

Support antiquated or legacy business systems utilizing knowledge of OOP programming languages, Pascal, COBOL, SQL, and ability to interface systems to MS Office tools. And spam inboxes with reports.

It sucks...but it makes sense too. Trimming my profile and resume citing coursework in study of predictive analytics, big data, and ethical data use was said to be the reason I got moved out of my prior department before they axed the entire area.
Quote by Arby911

Making fun of people on account of their salary is not classy. at all.

Making fun of them on account of their celery, on the other hand...
If you like headshots of people who are dead behind the eyes and excessive use of the word 'delivery', you'll love LinkdIn.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by flexiblemile
Making fun of people on account of their salary is not classy. at all.

Making fun of them on account of their celery, on the other hand...

Generally you would of course be correct, but I find it's dependent on the victim...
Charles Darwin
Page 1 of 3