So a while ago I bought a guitar, it was £200 and didn't have many scratches and the scratches it had were small and on the back so it's hard to notice and I did research and found out it was an Ibanez RG Prestige 1570. I found out by searching the pickup names with Ibanez RG since it says it on the headstock and when I went to see the prices online I saw one for around £600 but I got one for £200 so what do you guys think my guitar should be worth?
My gear:
Ibanez RG Prestige 1570
Albion AG10
Last edited by Thefamoussloth at Jun 3, 2016,
Do you have photos? And where did you get it?

Don't want to be that guy, but if something seems too good to be true, it often is.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Do you have photos? And where did you get it?

Don't want to be that guy, but if something seems too good to be true, it often is.

True to this and swapping out pickups is very easy. . .

Pictures and Serial Numbers will help here. Does Ibanez have a model number in the neck pocket? Never taken one of those apart.

And 1570s are going for about $650 USD on Reverb.com.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Last edited by metalmingee at Jun 3, 2016,
If it doesn't say Prestige on the headstock(right above the bit that says Ibanez), then either it's not a Prestige or the previous owner stripped the headstock for some reason(which probably isn't good news).
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
You can't tell it's a 1570 from pickups and the fact that it's an RG. Tons of RG's have the V pickups. If it is in fact a 1570 it would be a prestige and would say so on the headstock. The serial number would start with an F if it's made in Japan.
I found out the anomaly, I looked closely at the neck and saw that the neck must have been slightly broken and it has a different headstock, it's an ibanez rg 1570 body but it has a random rg series headstock

PS: I couldn't put up guitar pictures because the file size is too large
My gear:
Ibanez RG Prestige 1570
Albion AG10
Last edited by Thefamoussloth at Jun 4, 2016,
Image hosting sites are your friend.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Thefamoussloth
I found out the anomaly, I looked closely at the neck and saw that the neck must have been slightly broken and it has a different headstock, it's an ibanez rg 1570 body but it has a random rg series headstock

PS: I couldn't put up guitar pictures because the file size is too large

Unless you took the neck off and it's marked in the pocket I have no clue how you could know it's a 1570 considering the body looks exactly the same as every other RG.
Do the pickups have pickup rings or are they direct mounted?
The reason I know it's a 1570 is because of the paint job, it's purple glitter with no pick guard
My gear:
Ibanez RG Prestige 1570
Albion AG10
Quote by J_W
Unless you took the neck off and it's marked in the pocket I have no clue how you could know it's a 1570 considering the body looks exactly the same as every other RG.

+1

i also don't understand why you would even think it was a prestige if the headstock didn't say it?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/