Page 1 of 3

good thread idea
Quote by JustRooster
That's a shamanic incantation of truth if I ever heard one.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

^Only about half-way through this

All I remember from that movie was from being 7 or 8 and falling asleep to it
++++++++[>+>++>+++>++++>+++++>++++++>+++++++>++++++++>+++++++++>++++++++++>+++++++++++>++++++++++++>+++++++++++++>++++++++++++++>+++++++++++++++>++++++++++++++++<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<-]>>>>>>>>>>.<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>++.--<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>---.+++<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>----.++++<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>----.++++<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>+.-<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>.<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>+++.---<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>-.+<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>-.+<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>----.++++<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>.<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>----.++++<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>.<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>++.--<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>---.+++<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>+.-<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>----.++++<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>.<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>++.--<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>++.--<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>-.+<<<<<<<<<<<<<<.
Quote by Evilnine

I'm just now returning to this movie, and I think the kid represents Lucifer. It's barely audible, but it sounds like one of the three bullies chasing him into the dumpster says 'Satan' before throwing him in. And the skull in the attic of the school.... oooohhh man this stuff is right up my interests
Last edited by Fat Lard at Jun 4, 2016,
Total presence breaks on the univocal predication of the exterior absolute the absolute existent (of that of which it is not possible to univocally predicate an outside, while the equivocal predication of the outside of the absolute exterior is possible of that of which the reality so predicated is not the reality, viz., of the dark/of the self, the identity of which is not outside the absolute identity of the outside, which is to say that the equivocal predication of identity is possible of the self-identity which is not identity, while identity is univocally predicated of the limit to the darkness, of the limit of the reality of the self). This is the real exteriority of the absolute outside: the reality of the absolutely unconditioned absolute outside univocally predicated of the dark: the light univocally predicated of the darkness: the shining of the light univocally predicated of the limit of the darkness: actuality univocally predicated of the other of self-identity: existence univocally predicated of the absolutely unconditioned other of the self. The precision of the shining of the light breaking the dark is the other-identity of the light. The precision of the absolutely minimum transcendence of the dark is the light itself/the absolutely unconditioned exteriority of existence for the first time/the absolutely facial identity of existence/the proportion of the new creation sans depth/the light itself ex nihilo: the dark itself univocally identified, i.e., not self-identity identity itself equivocally, not the dark itself equivocally, in “self-alienation,” not “self-identity, itself in self-alienation” “released” in and by “otherness,” and “actual other,” “itself,” not the abysmal inversion of the light, the reality of the darkness equivocally, absolute identity equivocally predicated of the self/selfhood equivocally predicated of the dark (the reality of this darkness the other-self-covering of identity which is the identification person-self).
Denis "Esoteric Dankmeister" Dutton
Quote by JustRooster
buddhism/daoism is the good type of vague

the badly written, poorly supported side of french philo/crit theory is just sad
die obscurantist scum

esotericism ftw
Quote by JustRooster
Can a Buddhist really call himself a Buddhist, or does that cause him an attachment and blow his chance for virvana?
Clouds and weather patterns
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Fat Lard
I'm just now returning to this movie, and I think the kid represents Lucifer. It's barely audible, but it sounds like one of the three bullies chasing him into the dumpster says 'Satan' before throwing him in. And the skull in the attic of the school.... oooohhh man this stuff is right up my interests

Yeah this was one of those kids movies that had symbolism that was above the understanding of most kids.

I was 15 when it came out I never saw it in the theatre so I was probably 16 maybe 17 when it came out on HBO, watched it with my friends we were stoned out of our minds and missed most of the symbolism ourselves, haven't seen it for probably 25 years I should probably watch it again so I can pick up on more of the esoteric themes.

The Dark Crystal along with Labyrinth with David Bowie are other HBO staples that we used to get baked and watch I can still remember ROTFL about the bog of eternal stench!

BTW I saw they are making a Labyrinth board game.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jun 5, 2016,
I learned some Mayan in my archaeoastronomy class, but I don't remember anything about it other than how amazing their math/language was. And other cool, cultural things about Egypt/Scotland/england/etc, and mapping out asymptotes with an astrolabe and all of that cool, otherworldy shit

Quote by Evilnine
Yeah this was one of those kids movies that had symbolism that was above the understanding of most kids.

Right? What did you think about the 'kid scratching the dragon's ear' scene, before he goes through the second pair of cherubs? That shit rubbed me the wrong way and kind of ruined the movie for me; thought I was observing some low-key pedophilia BS.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony

Yo, so I'm watching Ancient Aliens (it's low-key educational ok, they have Anthropology phDs on here...):

and the Tree of Life in the middle is DNA (double helix/two snakes). and the pine cones are how the ancients depicted tools that manipulate the DNA (they touch them on the flowers). and the bird things are aliens
Last edited by Fat Lard at Jun 24, 2016,
Also, the Dogon tribe in 3200 BC West Africa knew about the Big Bang theory via cosmic egg
o shet

edit - included for relevance

Quote by JustRooster
Last edited by Aeolian Harmony at Jun 24, 2016,
oh man I'm gonna listen to that after this ancient aliens

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/mitos_creacion/esp_mitoscreacion_1.htm

Better link vv (a few spelling/etc errors, but good stuff nonetheless):

"When Amma broke the egg of the world and came out, a whirlwind arose. The Po, which is the smallest(thing), was made invisible, at the center; the wind is Amma himself. It is the Po which Amma let come out first." Amma's creative will was located in the Po, the smallest of things."

http://hubpages.com/politics/The-Genesis-of-African-Science-and-Technology-The-Star-of-Deep-Beginnings

The parallel universe stuff in the link is pretty cool, among other things, but I think this snippet is pretty awesome too:

"Recent advances in astrophysics now show that the universe is actually a closed system, and that its expansion will eventually stop some billion years hence. Eastern philosophies say that the universe is like a respiratory, expanding on inspiration and contracting on expiration. The Dogon's probing of the universe has shown them a larger version of man there. The Dogon recognized an inter system of stars, the solar system, which they say corresponds to the flow of blood on the placenta of the sacrificed Nommo.. They consider it to be the driving force of the stellar world, directly influencing the life of man and is development on earth; it plays a part much like the system of internal organs in the human body the "external" star system is descried as the "path of blood" outside the placenta and is made up of stars much further away, i.e., outside the solar system."
Last edited by Fat Lard at Jun 24, 2016,
Doggone man, this Dogon A.D. album is riding! I don't know how to dance in these time signatures!
very fast dogon running at incredible hihg speed
Quote by JustRooster
p sure Hemphill & friends learned that from aliens

Quote by JustRooster
Page 1 of 3