Page 1 of 2

arguably the greatest athlete of all time

undisputedly the greatest shit talker of all time. it was like poetry with him. sad day.
RIP

Ali is a hell of an inspiration
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
I am genuinely upset as he was the only boxer I held as worthy, with the exception of George Foreman

R.I.P.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
oh man, earlier this morning I did hear he was on life support but didn't think it would happen this fast. He was a true gentleman and inspiration.
i was never into boxing or anything & admittedly don't know that much about his career.
but i know he stuck it to the man & i think that is cool -- he was true punk. R.I.P.
Quote by MinterMan22
bravo

fuck off

Aw....did I hurt your itty bitty feewings? Your deep love for the man you never met and who wouldn't piss on you if your head was on fire notwithstanding?

The last decade of Ali's boxing career was a farce, at best, fighting club level goons (and even losing to one!).

Good riddance.
Last edited by TobusRex at Jun 4, 2016,
Quote by TobusRex at #33995562

The last decade of Ali's boxing career was a farce, at best, fighting club level goons (and even losing to one!).

Good riddance.

holy shit what
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
holy shit what

I'm old enough to have watched Ali's latter career. He generally fought handpicked opponents (aka "Rocky") which his manager knew he'd have no problem defeating. The trick was to find fighters that still had some "name cachet". For example: Leon Spinks.

Leon was an Olympic boxing champion. That being said there is a huge difference between pro and amateur boxing. Leon somehow managed to get a Heavyweight Championship fight against Ali despite only having a 6-0-1 record. He'd beaten no contenders to earn the privilege either. Lee Roy went on to defeat Ali, then lost in a rematch, and retired with a record of 26-17-3.

I remember watching Ali fight a guy who was, at best, like a toughman contestant (Chuck Wepner). That is the fight where Ali's juvenile antics created a great deal of contempt in me.

Other weak fighters on the list as well. Dunn, Coopman, Evangelista, etc. There were some big names on the list as well, but guys who no longer had it. Jimmy Young, Ken Norton, Frazier. Those guys were awesome a few years before.

I'd say the best Ali fought his last decade, except for a dominating defeat at the hands of Larry Holmes, was Ernie Shavers.

Ali was a great champion...the first time around. The last decade or so he was just a paper champ.
the guy definitely deserves respect and experienced struggles in the end. r.i.p.

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by TobusRex
Aw....did I hurt your itty bitty feewings? Your deep love for the man you never met and who wouldn't piss on you if your head was on fire notwithstanding?

Good riddance.

Jesus, do we have to have somebody do this every time a celebrity dies. Like what the hell is wrong with you? Yea, we didn't know him on a personal level. Big fucking deal. That doesn't mean nobody liked or cared for him in this thread.

Imagine applying this logic to movies or something. Oh, you grew to care about this fictional family you've never met before. What are you, some kind of big cry baby with all your emotions and shit. I'm just gonna go stare at this wall for the rest of my life.

We don't have to go bond with the guy for a week to give a shit about him.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

rip in peace
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I know nothing about boxing but i always respected him for speaking his mind and doing what he believed in.

rip
Quote by TobusRex
I'm old enough to have watched Ali's latter career. He generally fought handpicked opponents (aka "Rocky") which his manager knew he'd have no problem defeating. The trick was to find fighters that still had some "name cachet". For example: Leon Spinks.

Leon was an Olympic boxing champion. That being said there is a huge difference between pro and amateur boxing. Leon somehow managed to get a Heavyweight Championship fight against Ali despite only having a 6-0-1 record. He'd beaten no contenders to earn the privilege either. Lee Roy went on to defeat Ali, then lost in a rematch, and retired with a record of 26-17-3.

I remember watching Ali fight a guy who was, at best, like a toughman contestant (Chuck Wepner). That is the fight where Ali's juvenile antics created a great deal of contempt in me.

Other weak fighters on the list as well. Dunn, Coopman, Evangelista, etc. There were some big names on the list as well, but guys who no longer had it. Jimmy Young, Ken Norton, Frazier. Those guys were awesome a few years before.

I'd say the best Ali fought his last decade, except for a dominating defeat at the hands of Larry Holmes, was Ernie Shavers.

Ali was a great champion...the first time around. The last decade or so he was just a paper champ

oldfag
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Quote by TobusRex

Good riddance.

You're a dick. Show some respect; to Ali and the people around you. Oh, you didn't like the last decade of his career? Nobody gives a shit, that doesn't give you the right to piss on his grave. His opinion is worth more than yours, so stay humble.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
RIP, punching man wsho was old enough to be Arby's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandson.
Ali was a very, very dumb man. On the other hand...changing his "slave name" to a muslim name (muslims were the ones benefiting mostly from the African slave trade) did give me a chuckle.
He called somebody boy, max try hard achieved
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
Jesus, do we have to have somebody do this every time a celebrity dies. Like what the hell is wrong with you? Yea, we didn't know him on a personal level. Big fucking deal. That doesn't mean nobody liked or cared for him in this thread.

Imagine applying this logic to movies or something. Oh, you grew to care about this fictional family you've never met before. What are you, some kind of big cry baby with all your emotions and shit. I'm just gonna go stare at this wall for the rest of my life.

We don't have to go bond with the guy for a week to give a shit about him.

Sorry, I'll remember to cry next time.

While at it, why don't you point out other instances where I wasn't terribly upset at a celebrity's passing? Since, apparently, I've done this so many times you felt it necessary to specifically point me out as a problem. Thanks in advance.
Quote by TobusRex
Good riddance.

Get a grip you noncey old cunt.

RIP Ali, undoubtedly one of the greatest athletes of all time.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by TobusRex

Sorry, I'll remember to cry next time.

While at it, why don't you point out other instances where I wasn't terribly upset at a celebrity's passing? Since, apparently, I've done this so many times you felt it necessary to specifically point me out as a problem. Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't address a specific person as somebody
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I wouldn't address a specific person as somebody

uh huh
Quote by TobusRex
uh huh

He does have a point. Almost every "RIP whoeverthefuckdiedthisweek" thread has a post on it's first page that's basically "lol what a dick i'm glad he's ded".

I probably made some of them, tbh.
You can see it on almost any website or article too where it's brought up

Unsurprisingly I've never had somebody be like glad that dick's dead irl when somebody's death is brought up.
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis

Quote by AndersM1
Meanwhile Jake La Motta still standing

Damn, can't believe that guy is still alive.
Quote by TobusRex at #33995572

Ali was a great champion...the first time around. The last decade or so he was just a paper champ.

I was actually just referring to the "good riddance" part. But I'm glad you got to prove what an expert you are.

Really though, you don't say "good riddance" when someone dies just because you think they're overrated
Page 1 of 2