I'm looking at some new guitars due to some massive GAS, and roaming some Japanese listings has led me to two guitars that have piqued my interest. The prices are low, almost too low, for what they appear to have, but I've been getting very lucky with some gear purchases as of late and it may be that my winning streak has continued. I legitimately can't find much info about them, and I'm hoping one of you all can help me in this endeavor. Here are the two of them:

and

The second one is apparently an Edwards ES-85HR, but I can't find a lot of info about it on the net. The first one has no specific model name on the listing, which is very problematic, but it looks interesting enough to look into. Can I get some help with this?
Last edited by schwinginbatman at Jun 4, 2016,
That first guitar is being a PITA. I found a similar guitar, which appears to have the same body cut but only had three controls. Can't get any info on this one either because it only appears on Pinterest. Will update if I find anything actually useful.

I'm an idiot, I didn't try searching for a purple Edwards V, I searched for blue. That purple one is a EC-98V, which is the sig model for "Penicillin" guitarist Chisato. I'm guessing your black gutiar is another Chisato sig model.

yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a Chisato sig model from about 2000, can't get a model number on it though. It's in the background on the far left in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNeS5FJP12w

And here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJmrZ8KRCfE

Pretty nifty band actually, they sound like Nightmare xD
Last edited by dragonzrmetal at Jun 4, 2016,
That definitely appears to match up! Very odd that they come with ESP pickups, but an OFR. Finding places that sell them for around 800 euros, which makes the price of this one I'm looking at very odd! Nice sleuthing.
Wahey! 800 euros is a pretty nice price anyway for an Edwards, it's gotta go for more than it is at the moment, it's an auction isn't it? Can't read the Japanese xD Good luck with it
- Just had a quick listen to your bands in the sig, I like Hellevate a lot. \m/
Last edited by dragonzrmetal at Jun 4, 2016,
Quote by dragonzrmetal
Wahey! 800 euros is a pretty nice price anyway for an Edwards, it's gotta go for more than it is at the moment, it's an auction isn't it? Can't read the Japanese xD Good luck with it
- Just had a quick listen to your bands in the sig, I like Hellevate a lot. \m/

I may be taking a look at the auction now, I dig the way they look, and they seem solidly built.

Thanks man! I appreciate it a lot!
Knew it'd be one of the VK types I was trawling the ESP artist series page for it but he wasn't on there; I did find this, though: