Hello all.
I bought some KA Hot Rod Vintage pickups to replace my stock hummers.
I've been had them wired up for about a week. I don't have a problem with them, except my neck and middle pickups (stock) are "louder", even though the KA's are definitely a "Hot"er pickup with much more resistance.
(I forgot to measure the resistance outside the guitar....But inside the guitar my stock neck/middle pickups read about 5k and the KA humbuckers reads about 17k, which is close to the 15k website spec.)

The pickup has 4 wires. From what i've read, it uses the Fender coloring system.
Green=North Start; White=North Finish Red=South Start; Black=South Finish
So I have the black and white wires twisted together. Green/Bare as ground. Red as Hot. The standard series humbucker wiring method.

90% of the info I find for KA's show to wire as I have them.

Now, the interesting find is
This Link from the KA website:
http://www.kentarmstrong.com/schematics/KA_Wiring_Instructions.pdf

It shows Red/Green twisted together....

So basically just asking, is the hummer pickups "sounding" lower than my stock single coil pickups normal aka is my wiring right?
might be better getting a mod to move this to gear building and customising, you generally get more answers there for technical wiring questions
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?