Wondering if I'm able to plug my guitar into my computer and just play through a program that would give my guitar an effect (something metal sounding) through my computer and at the same time record what I'm playing with a program, any suggestions?
Last edited by tcprix at Jun 4, 2016,
The sticky here has a lot of really good answers to your questions. I'm not trying to RTFM you, its actually really good!
Quote by tcprix
Wondering if I'm able to plug my guitar into my computer and just play through a program that would give my guitar an effect (something metal sounding) through my computer and at the same time record what I'm playing with a program, any suggestions?

Yes. Lots of choices depending on your existing hardware. Hit the sticky now and learn how the process works and what will be compatible with your stuff.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jun 5, 2016,