Will a Noise suppressor like a Boss NS2 get rid of the feedback I get when playing with high gain and high volume on my amp?
Yes. But only when you stop playing. It won't remove background hum whilst you're playing.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Cuts that crap out for beautiful silence. I have the ISP Decimator going into my amp. I did find a balance between the threshold and how hard I needed to hit the strings, but for the silence when not playing in 6505+/JSX/XXX modes, awesome.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Yes, but there is a fine line. As stated earlier, if you are getting hum or hiss while you are playing, then you either need to turn your gain down or find out what is wrong in your set up. Having said that, a noise gate will eliminate noise when you are not playing as long as you are muting your strings. I have mine set so that I can have feedback when I want it, but it will silence my amp if I am playing a staccato passage. Personally, I think it is a must if playing high gain.
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1