Hi All,

Just wondering if any other indie artists out there with music on Deezer and or Spotify would be interested in creating and promoting a playlist together. If like me you are not getting a huge amount of plays, it could be a way to up the stream rate. Idea:

- nominate 1 - 3 of your best songs to add,
- post/promote it in a few places now and again,
- play it now and again to support each other.

Keen to know what you think.

Cheers

John
Last edited by john.hoos.3 at Oct 2, 2016,
I should have added that I picked Deezer on purpose because it can be used by listeners for free, and we will still get revenue for each stream.
Created the playlist, just follow this link to get to it:

http://www.deezer.com/playlist/1898594922?utm_source=deezer&utm_content=playlist-1898594922&utm_term=785258995_1465139707&utm_medium=web

If you drop me a link to your songs here, I'll add them to the list.

Cheers

John
Hi,

I'm amazed I've had no interest in this. The list is setup, if you want anything added, give me a link and I'll put it on.

Cheers

John
Quote by john.hoos.3
I've had no interest in this.

same
Check out my band Disturbed
They were shit after Pinkerton.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
deezer a few uh muh favorite things
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by john.hoos.3
I'm amazed I've had no interest in this.

I'm amazed that you thought you would have interest in this.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I have roughly 30 tracks on spotify, never heard of deezer.

I don't think my electronic music would click with the playlist though.

My distributor would charge me to see analytics that'd tell me how much I actually make from spotify, but I'm betting it's not a lot.
Hi,

None of the streaming sites pay a lot per stream, but spotify appears to be about the best. In my opinion, it all adds up. Its a shame thatyour distributor does not let you know, mine does (Distrokid - well worth a look).

Anyway, dont worry about style, I'm happy to add some - the more the merrier. If you want, give me a link and I'll pick some to add.

Cheers

JOhn
Quote by john.hoos.3
Hi,

None of the streaming sites pay a lot per stream, but spotify appears to be about the best. In my opinion, it all adds up. Its a shame thatyour distributor does not let you know, mine does (Distrokid - well worth a look).

Anyway, dont worry about style, I'm happy to add some - the more the merrier. If you want, give me a link and I'll pick some to add.

Cheers

JOhn

Couldn't hurt I guess if you don't mind there being stuff that's made on a computer.
https://play.spotify.com/album/0jJpogW9BwubE2FiyzQzEU?play=true&utm_source=open.spotify.com&utm_medium=open

Edit: actually I hadn't visited spotify in nearly 4 years, I didn't know you could browse their site in browser, I found out my most played song's at 4.8k, and I have 107 followers, cool.
Last edited by stratkat at Sep 29, 2016,
Hi,

Sounds good, I'll have a listen and add some. You are already getting plays which is great. I'll probably to id later tonight, and I'll let you know when done.

Cheers

John
stratkat Hi, I added a few tunes from both of your albums to the spotify list. You latest album is also on deezer, so also added to that list aswell.

Cheers

John
john.hoos.3HOW DOES MUSIC DIGITAL STREAMING NEEDS TO BE RE-CREATED?

There needs to be a Movement that is on the Leading Edge of the New Music Industry Revolution. There needs to be powerful Tech-driven Engine connecting more SuperFans in Up Close and Intimate Fashion to Discover and Support Their Favorite Independent Artists. To ensure independent artists keep making music that SuperFans love, there needs to be a re-writing of the Rules of Engagement.

Independent Recording Artists Simply Can’t Make Money Online! (Spotify & iTunes Make It virtually IMPOSSIBLE. Patreon, Bandcamp and YouTube improve the odds somewhat). I’m actually in the middle of building an app about Music SuperFans. Follow my journey as I help people find and financially support their favorite Independent Artist -->http://mwseq.strikingly.com/.
Anyway - moving on from the post above, I just wanted to post a reminder that the spotify and deezer playlists are up and running:

- if you want anything added, drop a link here and I'll sort that out,
- when you get added, remember to play it now and again, and share it where you can, which helps us all out,
- If you dont have anything to add, but still want to help, give it a play, give it a like and share it where you can

Spotify Link is:

https://open.spotify.com/user/1148749499/playlist/0fogQCt3XosffxL0u0fv86

And Deezer:

http://www.deezer.com/playlist/1898594922?utm_source=deezer&utm_content=playlist-1898594922&utm_term=785258995_1479923323&utm_medium=web

Many thanks

John