Currently buying a new guitar
PRS SE Standard range vs Epiphone Les Paul range vs Schecter Omen Extreme 6
Any other guitars you would recommend across this range?
Blues, Rock (lots of AC/DC and GnR), Metal - Mostly all around. Budget is around £400.
Those PRS SE's are pretty nice and, IMO between the three, is the best choice. Most of what you want uses humbuckers and those options all cover it. A Fender strat with an HH set might work too, but I'm not familiar enough with the entire line to give a good opinion for additional considerations. Those are pretty nice options any way you slice it.

That said what amp do you have now? (Yes, I'm on that bandwagon.)
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
I don't know if you can get this but Used Fender Blacktop series could satisfy your need
I'd definitely go for the PRS or the Epi, they have the Gibson character that goes well with hard rock and a lot of blues and metal. The Schecter would be fine too, but if I was going to play blues with it I'd probably want lower-output pickups.

Quote by joseph24
I don't know if you can get this but Used Fender Blacktop series could satisfy your need

Good option. Likewise the FMT Telecaster may well be around that price point used and has a really nice set of pickups, as well as a very flat fretboard (16" radius) which may well be preferred for that kind of music.
If I'm correct the PRS SE's are made in Korea and the Epi's are made in China. A Korean guitar over a Chinese one any day, every day. Gibson doesn't have the same proud level of QC that PRS has, despite these guitar being their entry line.

A cheap Schecter? Not worth it. Their higher level guitars are nice though.

Bottom line, buy a used yet mint condition PRS SE 245 or Tremonti if you want a sleeker-looking LP.

My 3c.
Quote by Charlie4
Gibson doesn't have the same proud level of QC that PRS has, despite these guitar being their entry line.

Gibson QC is irrelevant to Epi QC, and the Epis are solid. I'd have more faith in PRS, from what I've heard of them, but just about ever Epi I've played past ~£250 has been not just decent, but genuinely nice to play.
Quote by Charlie4
If I'm correct the PRS SE's are made in Korea and the Epi's are made in China. A Korean guitar over a Chinese one any day, every day. Gibson doesn't have the same proud level of QC that PRS has, despite these guitar being their entry line.

A cheap Schecter? Not worth it. Their higher level guitars are nice though.

Bottom line, buy a used yet mint condition PRS SE 245 or Tremonti if you want a sleeker-looking LP.

My 3c.

The PRS SE Standards are made in Indonesia, the rest in Korea. The Korean ones made thire reputation, haven't tuned in to what people say about the Standards. Epiphones are made... in China and Indonesia at the moment, as far as I know.

I wouldn't knock any guitar based on country of manufacture though.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
You're in the UK right i assume as you your budget is £400.Have a look at Thomann.Here are a couple of options i found just glancing quickly -
https://m.thomann.de/gb/chapman_guitars_ml_1_as.htm?o=13&ref=mrl_a_13&search=1465316952

https://m.thomann.de/gb/vintage_v100afd_paradise.htm?o=34&ref=mrl_a_34&search=1465317141

However i think the PRS SE Standard would be a very solid choice.
I got a chance to play some of the SE standards recently.

They're probably my favorite guitars in the ~$500 range. Very good build quality. Like every other SE in existence though you'll need to upgrade the tuners if you plan on using the trem at all.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Personal reccomendation would be the Omen. the one I played felt amazing, the build quality was pretty much equal to my own Hellraiser, with the only noticeable difference being the bolt on and the feel on the knobs. Definetly go for this, if you prefer fender types of necks