Hi guys, I have a fender bassbreaker 007 10 inch combo which I would like e to put in a new cabinet with a 12 inch speaker. Is this possible? Thanks
It is if you're a good woodworker, I suppose. You just need to set it up so that the amp chassis fits.

Why not simply swap out the 10" speaker for another 10" that sounds different?
Thanks, There's nothing wrong with the sound from the existing speaker, I just want the 12 inch for the fuller sound.
It is possible, but I'd rather use the speaker out to connect to a 12" cab...
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by shero73
Cheers, any reason why?

Fuller sound.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by shero73
Thanks, There's nothing wrong with the sound from the existing speaker, I just want the 12 inch for the fuller sound.

Cone size doesn't equate to a "fuller sound." Nor does moving to a 15" cone size mean you're going to get more "lows" out of the thing. More than likely, the size of the box it's in has more to do with the sound than the size of the cone itself.
The extension cab sounds like a good idea if it's possible. Closing in the back might change the sound too. I used to set my combo inside another bigger cabinet and it increased the bass alot. Not possible for gigging but it was a nice setup. I guess the box has a lot to do with the sound, obviously.
Last edited by geo-rage at Jun 5, 2016,
i wouldn't try closing the back. it rarely helps things, and it can get hot in there if it takes away ventilation.

i would go for an extension cab.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I've got several cabinets that have tube power amps (and a place for the preamp) that actually have closed backs. *But* the speaker is essentially in its own box, with the tube power amp fully ventilated in a separate compartment above the speaker "box."

For example, the Atomic Reactor 112-18, 112-50 and 212-50 all have 18 or 50W tube power amps as well as a bay for desktop-style modelers sitting OVER a closed back, sometimes ported speaker enclosure.

In the above enclosure, the speaker enclosure (bottom of the cabinet) is closed-back, while the tube power amp (upper right, and you can see a fan incorporated into the amplifier) is in its own compartment. The empty space on the left is for a Pod bean-style modeler, such as the M-Audio, Behringer, Vox or Line 6 types. It should be possible to do something similar for almost any tube amp; but this will result in a larger cabinet, since most combo setups have the tubes and transformers sharing space with the back of the speaker in open-back setups.

Below is the front, showing the addition of a Vox modeler in the hot swappable bay:

Last edited by dspellman at Jun 6, 2016,
Quote by dspellman
Cone size doesn't equate to a "fuller sound." Nor does moving to a 15" cone size mean you're going to get more "lows" out of the thing. More than likely, the size of the box it's in has more to do with the sound than the size of the cone itself.

i was talking about my penis.
mojostompboxes.com
The RM100 combos are closed back and not in separate enclosures. It has a small vent in the back and a fan. It doesn't overheat so it can be done.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification