Well, I thoroughly enjoyed listening to that. It's a beautiful piece. What did you use to record this? Is it all from a single plugin or did you use a mix of plugins and real instruments etc. ?

I don't really have much criticism, if any. You're clearly more talented than me anyway Did you have a more specific scene or situation in mind for this track? If you ever score a game let me know and I'll get it
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Cheers for the response!

I produced it in Pro Tools, the vast majority of it being put through Kontakt 5 instruments: Session Strings, orchestral packs, etc one Absynth 5 synth and one guitar overdub somewhere in there. Think I used one or two of something from the Xpand2 synth as well.

Ey dont sell yourself short, I'm not really that talented either, I just write stuff.

As to scenes, I originally wanted to do something akin to a specific place in Final Fantasy XII called the Nabreus Deadlands, the piece for that location is already amazing but I wanted to do something a bit less bleak sounding.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer
Cheers for the response!

I produced it in Pro Tools, the vast majority of it being put through Kontakt 5 instruments: Session Strings, orchestral packs, etc one Absynth 5 synth and one guitar overdub somewhere in there. Think I used one or two of something from the Xpand2 synth as well.

Ey dont sell yourself short, I'm not really that talented either, I just write stuff.

As to scenes, I originally wanted to do something akin to a specific place in Final Fantasy XII called the Nabreus Deadlands, the piece for that location is already amazing but I wanted to do something a bit less bleak sounding.

I have Kontakt 5 too, but I only have one drum VST for it. It's pretty cool though, one of the better free ones I've found.

And if it's worth anything, this did make me think about final fantasy. So much indeed, that I listened to some of my favourite FF soundtrack songs after this.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Nice intro! That 3/3 melody starts out the song beautifully. The addition of the strings gives it a mystical flare. I visualize small wooden trolls from the paintings by John Bauer running around in a green forest with beautiful dusk light shining through the trees.

The section with the horns (?) is really beautiful and the section after sounds like something is about to go down in the mystical forest.
The hero of the story is finally seeing the fruits of his labour after that, and a new day rises. The ending with the piano releases the tension and it ends on a hight note!

Great song! would definitely fit in some game about forest creatures fighting an evil force!
Sorry for making my critique in that way haha! I don't really know how to describe songs like tihs.

Btw, your picture for the track only makes me think of Fightstar now :P

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1704014
This is sick! I got that Final Fantasy kinda vibe while listening. Especially the best FF - the 8th! I really like this. It's clean, effective, it creates a great soundscape, the mix is well done and it was a piece to listen to. I actually listened twice and followed ya! Kudos, definitely.

Only one thing, maybe humanize the keyboards at the beginning a bit? That'd create a smoother feeling, I think.

I bet you could sell this piece to a game under development. I actually have no doubt of that, hahah. Keep up the good work!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1702816