Makes plenty of sense. Sounds like the string is catching in the nut, so tension builds up this side of the nut whenever you bend a string at-all, and is not released. Make sure the nut slot is wide enough and use some graphite (pencil lead) in the slot to help it move over the nut more easily.
check the nut and saddle as these are two areas where string pass over.. most notable is the nut, a poorly cut nut will catch and not allow the string to revert to zero.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
When does it go out? When you use the trem? When you leave it for a day or two? The nut's the most common cause by a pretty wide margin but it's impossible to diagnose without details.
If the problem is with one or two strings, the next time you change strings, use the old string to slide, back and forth, several times through the respective nut slot. As a first step before getting a nut file set, this can sometimes help shape and smooth the nut for the size of the string and remove accumulated dust, grit, fibers that may accumulate in the slot.
Mustang v2 III/IV●EXP-1●FUSE●REMUDA●Yamaha THR10C
Epi LP Florentine Pro●LP Cstm Pros●LP PlusTop Pro●Sheraton-II Pro
Cstm Strat Vntg Noiseless●Guild D-55
So Creek Cables●BOSS RC-1●RS7500
D'Addario Strings●Vari-Grip●Planet Lock Straps