Suddenly my Ditto has been draining power from my board when I engage it. I've been using it for months and this hasn't been an issue before. Nothing has changed.

I'm running TC polytune --> SP compressor ---> Green Rhino --> Boss DA-2 --> TC flashback and then into the Ditto, and then into a peavey delta blues 115.

I'm powering it with a voodoo labs pedal power. I *think* everything is set up correctly.

I've had this setup for a few months now and have only noticed the issue recently.
Everything works fine, but when I record something on the ditto and then go to play over it, the signal dips obviously.

Is this a really easy fix that I'm overlooking ?

Thanks
the better the details, the better we can help you. i am going to ask a few questions to clarify:

by draining power, i am assuming that you mean that the other pedals are losing power and not just output? so are the other pedals' LED's dimming then?

if you use just the ditto, does the power drain like you are saying? or just with other pedals?

also, if you turn every other pedal on your board except the ditto, does anything happen?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The only qualm I can find with the Ditto X2 is that I sometimes get a tiny bit of feedback when using it on my acoustic board (oh and the fact that the boost on my DI also boosts the loop regardless if it was on or not during the initial loop).

Only thing that I can think of, which is super obvious is have you knocked the Loop level knob down by accident?

Also how have you found the SP?
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by trashedlostfdup
the better the details, the better we can help you. i am going to ask a few questions to clarify:

by draining power, i am assuming that you mean that the other pedals are losing power and not just output? so are the other pedals' LED's dimming then?

if you use just the ditto, does the power drain like you are saying? or just with other pedals?

also, if you turn every other pedal on your board except the ditto, does anything happen?

Hey good questions, thanks for taking an interest in helping me.

1. Yeah, loss of power to my general signal. The other LED's don't appear to be dimming.
2. Everything is fine w/ just the ditto.
3. W/ every other pedal but the ditto it's chaos but none of the "power dip."

I'm guessing this means it's got to do w/ another pedal? I think the Way Huge Green Rhino may be the culprit. The GR works fine w/ everything except the Ditto it seems.
Last edited by RyanMW2010 at Jun 7, 2016,
Quote by RyanMW2010
Hey good questions, thanks for taking an interest in helping me.

1. Yeah, loss of power to my general signal. The other LED's don't appear to be dimming.
2. Everything is fine w/ just the ditto.
3. W/ every other pedal but the ditto it's chaos but none of the "power dip."

I'm guessing this means it's got to do w/ another pedal? I think the Way Huge Green Rhino may be the culprit. The GR works fine w/ everything except the Ditto it seems.

no worries

1. ok, noted.
2. have you tried it alone? with another power supply?
3. if every pedal is on other than your ditto, i doubt that the ditto is drawing more than that.

i think that the ditto takes 90mA, but that isn't enough to cause any problems for draw on your power supply.

it could be a bad cable (not likely), but easy to check.

i would (as you said) check out the green rhino.

best thing to do is to isolate the pedals. just guiar>pedal>amp and try different cables and power supplies. it can be a pain in the ass though.

good luck!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/