I changed the Duncan Designed bridge pickup for a Seymour Duncan Blackout Metal on my BC Rich Warlock. The Blackout has the quick connector cable, the Designed doesn't so to avoid de-soldering the mess, I cut the original pickup cable midway and soldered the new wires to the old. To take advantage of the two output levels of the Blackout Metal I also installed a miniswitch. Everything else I left untouched. Now I'm getting a hum noise which goes away when I touch the inside of the electronics cavity and the bridge. When I switch to the neck pickup, there is zero hum.

Is this a grounding issue? Something else? I don't see any loose wires and I didn't mess with other wires/pots. How do I fix this?
The Blackout is an active pickup. Were the pickups on the guitar also active? Because if they are not, then im suprised this even works at all.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by dthmtl3
Is this a grounding issue?

Sounds like it, but as gorkyporky noted it rather sounds like it might be part of a much bigger mess.
Yes, the original pickups were actives.

Yesterday, I removed the switch I installed to see if it does anything. Didn't make a difference.