Got GAS - Looking at getting a Keisel or another Ibanez.

Just starting considering getting a 7 string for heavier stuff.

Lowest I've played is drop d with my 6.

Wouldnt mind doing some Rob Zombie covers (that style).

Stay with one of my 6 strings and get heavier strings, drop C, or go with the 7 and tune to B?

Guess i could tune a 7 to GC, but haven't not played heavy wondering what you think.
Do you find yourself with a limited range of playability want to expand?

I know i did. Not only does a 7 string give access to another full octave, sweeps and scales can be expanded with out neck shifting, which opens up a more accessable range. Chords can sound much fuller and deeper allowing for deep stacked intervals. I switched because the stuff i wanted to make and cover was out of the range of my six

When getting a 7 string, go for one with a larger scale length for a less floppy B string
I tried tuning my 6 strings down to B or dropA, but it just didnt feel right, and the playability was pretty bad, even after i did a setup for that tuning. So i got a 7 string with a 26.5" scale length. The guitar itself is pretty great, well made and sounds killer, and riffing in low tunings is a joy, but i find that lead playing is much harder on it, than on my 6 strings. I have played a few 25.5" 7 strings, and they seem much nicer for lead playing. I dunno, maybe its just me, or something wonky is up with my guitar, but if i were you, id try out both scale lengths and see what suits you best. I mainly play rhythm in my band, so its not really an issue for me.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
i am not much of a seven string person, i have found myself preferring bari's. i don't own either ATM.

The lowest i go atm is C#std, or dropB on a ibby prestige, fender showmaster, and one other guitar i can't think of at the moment.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by sourcegamer101

I know i did. Not only does a 7 string give access to another full octave,

A seven string gives you a B string (assuming normal tuning); that's far from another octave, assuming that you're still tuning your guitar mostly in fourths/fifths.
If you're experimenting with lower tones or extended range, take a look at what Rondo Music is offering among its Agile brand guitars. They've really pioneered in offering very decent 7, 8, 9 and even 10-string guitars in a wide variety of scales (including multi-scale/fan-fret instruments), with and without trems (no, really) for extremely reasonable prices.

This is a bit of an extreme compared to what you're considering, but it's an 8-string 27"-30" multi-scale guitar with a specially designed Kahler trem and angled EMG 909 active pickups for $999.99.

http://www.rondomusic.com/pendelt72730ebemgbkfl.html

A 7 string is a different beast from a downtuned 6. I play differently on my 7 than I do to a 6 in B standard, even though they occupy the same range.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I leave everything standard and drop the low B to A and have a bass line going with E standard.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer